What is the point of the SD slot on TT One v.2?

Hi there! The SD slot gives you the option of adding larger maps like the North America map which is more detailed and needs more storage space than the standard USA and Canada maps. You can't use both the internal drive and SD slot at the same time though. I loaded the North America maps on my SD card with extra POI's and use that instead of the internal storage. Hope that helps! :D

Hi there! The SD slot gives you the option of adding larger maps like the North America map which is more detailed and needs more storage space than the standard USA and Canada maps. You can't use both the internal drive and SD slot at the same time though. I loaded the North America maps on my SD card with extra POI's and use that instead of the internal storage. Hope that helps! :D

Thansk for the reply. So does the North American map contain more detail for the U.S. or does it just include Canada and Mexico or something like that? The only additional POIs I saw available via Home, were the Retail Shopping, Dunkin Donuts, Basking Robbins, and a 'for pay' Hot Spots list. Are there others?

I believe the North America maps have some more POI's (mostly stores), more detailed lakes for both the US and Canada. Mexico's not included (that would be nice!) I've tried both and haven't noticed too much of a difference. I did see a couple of roads shows up on the North America version that didn't show on the USA Canada map. I've added a few restaurant POI's as well that I downloaded from this site too. That's another nice feature of using the SD card slot. More storage capacity!

Purchase North American map set (6.75)

I should have asked this the first time - how do I get the North American Maps?

Get out your credit card.

Go to the TomTom site: http://www.tomtom.com

Choose "United Kingdom" from the drop-down menu on the right.

Click on "Products" on the menu bar.

Click on "Maps" in the "Products" menu on the left side.

Click the "Buy Now" button on the green animated banner, or the "Buy Now" text link lower down the page.

Select the "Go 910" from the "Select your product" drop-down menu. Do not choose the One...if that is what you have!
Note... If you have a One, you'll need a 2GB SD card. The NA map set is roughly 1.4GB.

Select "Map of North America" from the "Which map would you like?" drop-down menu.

Add the map to your cart and complete the checkout process. Note... Your credit card purchase will automatically adjust for the currency differences. If you are in the USA, you will be paying more than the price that you see on the screen. It is either in Euros or in Pound Sterling... I can't remember which.

You will either be routed to a download venue, or you will be sent an email that gives you instructions for downloading the map set.

:confused:
For some reason, known only to TomTom, they do not sell direct to customers that declare that they are in the USA. Go figure. ???

I made this purchase a couple of months ago. The transaction was uneventful and the maps are working just fine on my TT1 v.2.

If there is another method to make a purchase when you're in the USA...I am unaware of it.

If the Navcore 7 upgrade finally becomes available for the SiRFF III (s/n beginning with "E") units, I'll be a happy camper. Mapshare should work fine with the 6.75 NA map set... Or so the story goes.

The reason is that they claim the 6.65 and the 6.75 are identical thus no release in North America even when users who own the map claim their are actual improvements in the maps. Nice one TT! :)

I try to use SD card to my new TomTom One V4, it just keep rebooting, until I remove the SD card.
When copy all from internal memory to SD card via card reader, it boots as normal with the SD

Last edited:
I try to use SD card to my new TomTom One V4, it just keep rebooting, until I remove the SD card.
When copy all from internal memory to SD card via card reader, it boots as normal with the SD

As it should since all your doing is copying the software from internal memory to the SD card. If you don't already know, once the SD card is inserted in the ONE the internal memory is disabled.

Ask a Question