What does TomTom need?

TomTom Model(s)
TT910/TT920t
I have been curious on how other GPS units compare to MY tomtom. We have so much to offer but what do the others have that we don't?

I noticed movie times and prices.

Anything else that you can think of?

Maybe if we get a good list goin, tomtom may add a few that would be a useable feature for us.

i know in Europe they have gps units that take pictures and register the photo location as a poi. I don't know if that's NEEDED really.

But what is always needed is more map updates

Others have route optimization, screen hold buttons, 3d map rendering, lane assist and reality view, 12m POIs in Nth America, 600mhz dual core processors, HD screens, bright anti-glare screens, topo maps, off road capabilities (less aggressive snap to road feature), Mapsource-like program on DVD, better pedestrian mode, better battery life, speech recognition for other functions besides address input, elevation/GPS accuracy/triplog/tracklog/breadcrumb trail data displayed, antialiasing on the navigation screen, historical traffic data, built-in video player, truck routing option, Sirf InstantFix2 (no DLing necessary), tour guides, zagat/michelin data, tapping on-screen POI for data access, and of course better POI organization (type of restaurant).

With all this lacking though, TT also has much that other do envy, most notably, specific route exclusion, POI on screen, amazing map browse mode with distance scales, responsive tap screens, fast screen updates, customization, professional looking nav screen, lots of data on said screen, GPRS traffic update, Quickfix, itinerary planning, EPT, Mapshare, tons of voices, etc.

Ask a Question