What does this error message mean

I have a ONE (3rd Edition) and have had no issues updating the unit from the Home software until lately.
Now, whenever I use the Home app to get updates, etc. all I get is this message:

ERROR: HomeBase/Unknown: Unknown exception has been caught.
@ /usr/local/parabuild/etc/build/b36236co/a/u/t/o/CodeBase/Sources/Home/DesktopSuite/../DesktopLib/framework/DeviceItemScannerThread.cpp(75)
basic_string::at
in /usr/local/parabuild/etc/build/b36236co/a/u/t/o/CodeBase/Sources/Home/DesktopSuite/../DesktopLib/framework/DeviceItemScannerThread.cpp:75
Stack:
0. function errorAbortTask chrome://tthome/content/logic/ttTask.js:449
error(e);
1. function error chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1116 else if (errorNonFatal)
2. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:517

I use a Mac OS 10.5 and have only recently been getting this error. I reset my application software and did a restore and the problem continues. It must be a problem with the software in the unit because I get the same message on two different computers.

Any idea what the problem is?

The only other place I saw this error was on this forum:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/general-tomtom-discussion/16979-7-million-poi-upgrade.html

Where it was resolved by plugging the tomtom into a freshly installed copy of HOME on a different PC, and updating the tomtom. Then the tomtom somehow works again on the original machine.

Do you have the error on the tomtom that others reference - POI categories are missing?

You have one of the few HOME related issues with a Mac, so I'm kind of at a loss. Is your Mac fully patched? In PC's we tell users to download the latest .net framework as it fixes some random HOME bugs. Don't know if you are out of date on any Mac OS patches.

I have that problem too, the soluction is simple... take the memory card out of the totom, use a multi card reader or if your computer can read sd cards, stick it into your computer, tomtom home will automatically recognise the card and load up... thats it.. no more errors...

Ask a Question