Well my Go 920T arrived today iffy??

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920T
I followed the instructions elsewhere on this fine forum and started out real slowly. Got a full backup right away. In most areas around me there is 88.1 that is available from fm transmissions.
-----Life is good at this point-----
Of course, my "New maps for 1 year" code already does not work. I tried through the website and directly into the new version of TT Home 2.2.2.83. This shows my current North american Map as version:710.1576 size:1872.1MB. I am sure I heard that maps 715.xx were out for northamarica.

Can I unload the maps that I do not expect to use for a while and just store them on my pc?
I have ordered mounting hardware from ProClip and it sounds very useable.

I will report om the mounting hardware when it arrives. In the mean time, I can think of a thousand POI's that are missing within20 miles of my hove base.

When you say you went to TomTom's website, did you go here?
http://www.tomtom.com/1yearmaps/

The method peeps have been doing is calling TT Support directly. They will ask you to scan the item code and receipt and they will place the maps in your HOME accounts within the same phone call.

I did go to http://www.tomtom.com/1yearmaps/. I also tried in TomTom HOME to use the "Activate my promotion code" link. Each said that my code was invalid or the promotion had expired.

The promotion code no longer is required for an update. That's why the message is saying the code is invalid. But, as Pedro says, a phone call seems to be required.

I emailed customer support because when I choose latest map guarantee (in tomtom home) I could only see the Europe map, not the US one, below is what they replied.

Deceptive advertizing if you ask me. As I live in the US I don't need the Europe map, but would like the current NA map. And their advertizing led me to believe that I would get the current map.

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support. You will only receive an update to one map. The map that came installed on your device will be updated and in this case that seems to be the European map. Please contact us if you have any further questions.

With Best Regards
The TomTom Customer Support Team

I emailed customer support because when I choose latest map guarantee (in tomtom home) I could only see the Europe map, not the US one, below is what they replied.

Deceptive advertizing if you ask me. As I live in the US I don't need the Europe map, but would like the current NA map. And their advertizing led me to believe that I would get the current map.

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support. You will only receive an update to one map. The map that came installed on your device will be updated and in this case that seems to be the European map. Please contact us if you have any further questions.

With Best Regards
The TomTom Customer Support Team

Contact them again to plead your case!

I will report om the mounting hardware when it arrives. In the mean time, I can think of a thousand POI's that are missing within20 miles of my hove base.

Dd you download the free Retail POI file from either the TT website or via HOME?

I got the same "invalid code" error, and called CS. I was basically told that since I bought it off craigslist and not from a retailer I was out of luck. I told him it was brand new and just came out of the shrink wrap. Still no go. So I'm kinda stuck with 7.10 unless I buy it :(

Well the latest map version, now that the x30 have come out, for North America is v800.1762 and will not operate unless you have NavCore v8. I'm curious to know what TT tech support will come up with when someone will demand v8 maps with latest version warranty?:rolleyes:

Well the latest map version, now that the x30 have come out, for North America is v800.1762 and will not operate unless you have NavCore v8. I'm curious to know what TT tech support will come up with when someone will demand v8 maps with latest version warranty?:rolleyes:

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens.

Can I unload the maps that I do not expect to use for a while and just store them on my pc?

Yes, you can. Remove the maps you don't want before loading in a new version; that way you'll be prompted to copy the map to your HDD.

In the mean time, I can think of a thousand POI's that are missing within20 miles of my hove base.

Well, start off by running the upgrade *twice*. I've noticed the first time through it seems to grab just a couple hundred updates, and the second time through it goes up to thousands (depends on which regions you're downloading though). ...and set your preferences to download even the changes that aren't verified by TomTom ("reported by few").

After that, start sending in POI adds and edits for the benefit of your neighbors. Enough reports will earn the entry permanence in MapShare. Making those edits (even if you choose not to share) makes those POIs easier for you to find and search for later too.

Ask a Question