Voice search not available in this country

I have tried all the fixes. Swtiched to Europe map and back. Reset -pressed power button for 20 seconds. It worked for one day. Any suggestions?

Give us some help such as:
1. What model do you have?
2. What map?
3. What application?
4. All voices or computer voices only?
5. Do you have a backup?

p.s. I'll be deleted your duplicated thread. No point splitting responses in more than one location.

Voice search not available this country

What model do you have? TomTom Go 2535 Traffic Lifetime Maps (North America and Europe)
2. What map? When Using North America Map
3. What application? ? Using Voice Recognition. Such "Drive to an Address"
4. All voices or computer voices only? I am not sure what you mean. I say drive to an address and the computer voice says "Voice search not available in this country. Please select address manually". However it will respond if I say " Drive to the nearest McDonald's". Perhaps I am expecting to much out of the machine. I thought I could speak an address and it would find it , like a speech to text program in Windows 7.
5. Do you have a backup? No back up

No, you can't make a backup with that model.

Try doing a manual Drive to --> and in the Address screen, make sure you select Canada as the icon in the top right of the screen, then city, then street and number.

Then try the voice search again and make sure Samantha is the voice selected.

Here is what I tried

I selected Drive to then address then canada then windsor then and address then select. And Samantha calculated the route. Then I pressed the microphone symbol. And said " drive to an address". And guess what? Samantha said. "Voice search is not available for this country. Please select the address manually."
I manually drove to an address here in Arizona. (Country USA). Tried again. And same response. "Voice search not ........"
Then I switched maps to Europe. Planned a route in Paris. Switched Back to US Map. Manually dove to Windsor, Canada. Then I tried again. Same result.

But.....
If I say drive to the library, it works fine. Gives me a choice of libraries in the city where I live. If I say drive to Fry's or Fry's Grocery Store or Fry's Marketplace, Samantha continues to want to take me to Friday's. I think she needs a drink. However she is capable of directing me to Safeway and Wells Fargo.

So in summary, Samantha cannot find an address based on voice search. If I want to drive to someone's residence I must be able to input address manually. Cannot give info by voice. I even tried to press drive to, then address and then pressed the microphone icon at the bottom right. AND...... "Voice search is not..........

Any suggestions on how to get this to work?
Thank you.

Try resetting the unit by holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sounds. If that doesn't work, you might try the Settings-->Return to Factory Defaults. You'll lose all your custom settings but it may cure the issue.

Voice Search Not Available

Tried both of those a long time ago. While I was resetting my home location after factory defaults the mic was already covered but I tried "Drive to an address" anyway - same result.

It should work. Do you have a gps fix when this is happening? Is it under warranty?

Call CS at 866-486-6866 and see what they say.

Ask a Question