Voice says "west" instead of "zero" - how to fix?

I took a trip with my Tom Tom XL 340S and it refered to I 205 NB as "Interstate two WEST five northbound".
It said "west" instead of "zero". It also did it on I405 "Interstate four WEST five". I've had the unit since December but this is the first time I've been on a highway with a "zero" in it's name, so this is the first time I noticed this.

Is there a way to fix this?

Here's the info from the unit:

Device AKUY4 AJG5S
App 9.026.483454.2 OS: 473972
(1010, 12/15/2009)
64 MB RAM (free: 16.6 MB)
GPS v1.20, Boot 5.5136
Map: ?USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P? v840.2568
Language: English US

Thanks, Ken

Look in the LoquendoTTS folder-->EnglishUS for a file called roadnr.EnglishUs6.8.lex

Open with notepad and you should see the first line showing this:
"O" = "WEST"

Change it to "O" = "Oh"

and save the file. Make sure the setting when you save is 'all files' so that a .txt extension does not get added.

I never understood why roadnr.EnglishUs6.8.lex did the substitution for the number zero (hex 30) for "west" when the only appropriate substitution would have been for the capital O (hex 4F) for European languages (e.g., French, Italian, Spanish) that used that abbreviation. I still think somebody fat fingered it back in Italy.

Ask a Question