Via 1435TM: New Map [v9.00] Install Problem

Hey guys, I need your help.

There is a map update v9.00 from my current v8.90 for the Via 1435TM. But when I hit install and select replace new with the old one, nothing happens. Under My Maps, it lists two maps: one for my device [v8.90] and one for my account [v9.00]. But I am unable to install the new one.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

It's a bug/problem with TomTom's systems. You SHOULD be able to replace the old map on the internal memory with the new one, but it's not working.
Currently, the only workround seems to be to use an SD card as additional storage space.

It's a bug/problem with TomTom's systems. You SHOULD be able to replace the old map on the internal memory with the new one, but it's not working.
Currently, the only workround seems to be to use an SD card as additional storage space.

Yes ..It's a big bug ....But the thing is ..two of TT svc Tech still said it was fixed ....

This is the lastest repond from TT tech about this problem ...I can assure you it did not work..!!

Read this ...but do not belive it ...!!!

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Alberto M) 11/17/2012 03:35 PM
Dear Mr.
Thanks for your response.
Since you have the map already on the SD card you are going to have to wait until the next one comes out and take the SD card out of the device and download the map into your device.

With Best Regards,

Albert
TomTom Customer Support Team

NOT TRUE ... MY TT PUSHED THE OLD MAP FROM MY SD CARD AND INSTALLED THE NEW ONE ...LEFT THE ORIGINAL OLD ONE IN THE DEVICE ..

I'm tire of talking to TT svc support tech...leave it as it for now ..

Tried to download v9.00 on my 1005 which already runs Europe from a 4GB card.

Not only will it not let me overwrite the existing card map, it will not install a 2.9GB to a virgin 4GB card.

I have seen it writ elsewhere that an 8GB is required to work around this.

I mean, c'mon Tomtom. How many times are you going to screw this stuff up. Please!

@Sid...

How did the existing map end up on a card? I presume the original map was supplied on the internal memory. Have you done one map update already and that DID work?

Also, exactly what error messages do you see when you try to install?

The way it SHOULD all work is that everything will be installed to internal memory IF there is room, only then do things start being installed to the external memory.

IIRC the "World" version of the Go1005 only has Europe and US+Canada maps installed when new and it had 8GB of internal memory. The new Europe map should easily fir on internal alongside the US/Can map UNLESS MyTomTom is not properly removing the old map before installing the new one.

So what is now on the internal memory? Exact names and sizes if possible....

As for the new 4GB card, you have formatted it in the TomTom, yes? A standard PC format on the card won't work.And where did you see this suggestion about an 8GB card? That shouldn't be neccessary.

Andy,

Yes I've installed a european map to a card previously as it said the unit was out of space. I have Aus, asia, and the US on the unit.

I formatted the blank on the PC at first, and then did a soft reset to prompt a TomTom format.

As my Laptop is almost full with music and pictures, I had to release a bit of space for it to cache the new files.

Started downloading a few minutes ago, estimated 3:30. So all seems good.

However, still peeved I had to use a new card given that it wouldn't overwrite the old map.

Paul

Once in a while a TT employee appears here, but it is rare.

I think you are a poster in the TT Discussion forum. Better chance there.

Ask a Question