Can I update the splash screen on a VIA 1435TM?

TomTom technical support says no. The Via will not sync or show up with TomTom Home, I have to use the online software MyTomTomSA.

I want to add a new image when it starts up.

TomTom technical support says no. The Via will not sync or show up with TomTom Home, I have to use the online software MyTomTomSA.

I want to add a new image when it starts up.
Until MyTomTom supports that particular upload for your model, it's "no". They've started providing a few more features like this over time, but it's been slow, and some of the more useful upload options (like custom POI files and new maps) have been first on the list.

Are you sure that's still the case, canderson?

There's the usual difficulty of different models and capabilities on different sides of the pond, but in the UK we now have "Add community content" in MyTomTom and that definitely DOES allow you to change start-up and shut-down images.

MY Via is currently back with TomTom, but this is what I get with my Go1000:

MyTT_Add_Community_Content.jpg

MyTT_Add_images.jpg

That's been the problem with the "rolling rollouts". We're seeing different features added for different models on different sides of the pond. It's been a chocolatey mess from the beginning.

Let's see if your screen shot can be matched by the OP using the version of MYTT that he's running for his Via model and then I guess he'll know for sure.

My understanding is that the "Community Content" update to app 10.200 was only released in Europe. That updated included a custom splash screen capability.

The US models are still on app 10.157, and do not have custom upload capability beyond POI/favorites.

Tomtom usually releases updates toward the end of each month, hopefully an update for us will come in June.

Ask a Question