Version 7.9 + Map 8.15 = IQ Routes for One?

I'm surprised that v7.9 users are even offered version 8 maps, letalone 8.15.

I'd be surprised if the combination mentioned will work, but I've been surprised by alot of stuff I'm seeing coming out of TT lately, not all of it good.

I downloaded 8.15 last night. How does the IQ routing work? It was very late when the download finally stopped have not had time to test it yet.

I downloaded 8.15 last night. How does the IQ routing work? It was very late when the download finally stopped have not had time to test it yet.

IQ routing is basically automatic if you have the IQ Routing checkbox selected on the lower RIGHT side of the Planning Preferences menu.

IQ routing is basically automatic if you have the IQ Routing checkbox selected on the lower RIGHT side of the Planning Preferences menu.

OK, Thanks I will try it out when I get home tonight. From what I saw last night the new maps have the dirt roads around the lake, in Canada, I go to in the summer. So that was a huge plus for me. I wish they had a way to preview before buying.

Dang =(. How much better is 8.15 over 7.15? or whatever the previous ONE maps that were available.

Not sure. I did notice that some roads near my house are still missing. But since I know hey are there it does not matter. I did notice they've added a lot of the dirt roads around the lake, in Canada, I go to in the summer. They did correct some of the turning issues that I noticed in the older map.

As Birdman states it is basically automatic so if you are planing a route with Google maps and you have draged the route to suit you then loaded it in your unit you will need to turn IQ routing off or your TT will reroute you.

Particularly if this is a long route like 1500-2000 KL or more

Last edited:
Not sure. I did notice that some roads near my house are still missing. But since I know hey are there it does not matter. I did notice they've added a lot of the dirt roads around the lake, in Canada, I go to in the summer. They did correct some of the turning issues that I noticed in the older map.
Ahh well, I'm sure there are more roads than on my v6.05 lol. What about POIs? I've noticed that all new USA_and_Canada maps are smaller than mine. Does that mean something's been taken out or have they've done a good job with the compression?

It could be both :D

Also, seems there are more and more sites offering custom poi's to dl. Further a few more commercial websites are offering poi dl from their own site. For example, TimHortons has a link on its site to dl a file showing every site in NA!!

Yep I've got a couple off this site but I haven't checked for the latest ones there has been some changes (new stores added, old stores removed)

Ask a Question