Verizon Wireless

first off VZW customer support sucks when it comes to TT and USB DUN for laptops. They claim it is not possible to connect my xv6700 to my laptop but it has been done. They could not help me connect the xv6700 because it was not supported. I not only have the xv6700 connected but now the Mot Q and the VZ blackberry.

with that said... I have a TT910 and access to 5 types of VZW phones. let me know what types of pnone you have and I will try to help you connect with your TT.
:)

I have a TT ONE with a Verizon Wireless Lg Vx9800

:confused: Can you help Teek?

One Xl

Is anyone using a Verizon wireless phone for both hands free and data...w/ a GOx10?

If so what phone(s) do you recommend...

Thank you in advance...

I am reading all of the problems you folks are having with Verizon Wireless in trying to connect to the TT Plus traffic feature. I have a LG VX8300 and bought the ONE XL. Any suggestions on how to get the wireless data to operate? TT tries to connect and after 2 or 3 attempts it gives up. Phone looks like it is connecting but ultimately does not accept the TT.

Is the other traffic program supposed to go live in the US soon? Anybody had any experience with that one?

am reading all of the problems you folks are having with Verizon Wireless in trying to connect to the TT Plus traffic feature. I have a LG VX8300 and bought the ONE XL. Any suggestions on how to get the wireless data to operate? TT tries to connect and after 2 or 3 attempts it gives up. Phone looks like it is connecting but ultimately does not accept the TT.

Is the other traffic program supposed to go live in the US soon? Anybody had any experience with that one?

The FIRST thing you need to do if you have Verizon is to make sure you have no only the $45 "data" plan, but also the $15 per month "Broadband Connect (or access)" plan. Not sure if that is the exact name, but when you call verizon tell them you want to add the plan that allows you to use your phone as a modem. .

The data plan simply allows "data" use ON your phone/pda. The $15 plan I speak of allows data THRU your phone.

EDIT: YOU NEED BOTH.

Last edited:
The FIRST thing you need to do if you have Verizon is to make sure you have no only the "data" plan, but also the $15 per month "Broadband Connect (or access)" plan. Not sure if that is the exact name, but when you call verizon tell them you want to add the plan that allows you to use your phone as a modem. .

The data plan simply allows "data" use ON your phone/pda. The $15 plan I speak of allows data THRU your phone.

I was at the Verizon store thinking I'd do the $15.00 data plan (my phone is capable) and they informed me that I would need to add the $45.00 plan???some sort of additional data package??? Like I'm not paying enough now? ($120.00 a month for just me then add 4 other phones)
I'll just wait another year and take my business elsewhere. I've not had issues with Verizon (other than their phone selection $ucks) and have had them about 10 years now, but I want a blackberry and data service and they are just too damn expensive.

I was at the Verizon store thinking I'd do the $15.00 data plan (my phone is capable) and they informed me that I would need to add the $45.00 plan???some sort of additional data package??? Like I'm not paying enough now? ($120.00 a month for just me then add 4 other phones)
I'll just wait another year and take my business elsewhere. I've not had issues with Verizon (other than their phone selection $ucks) and have had them about 10 years now, but I want a blackberry and data service and they are just too damn expensive.

YEs, u first need the $45 data plan. Then you have to pay them an extra $15 per month to use your data plan to connect another device to the net through your phone. I've been wanting to leave them for 9 years...lol. But they simply have the best coverage hands down, and I've heard similar horro stories about all the other phone companies anyway.

Ok, my work just sent me a new phone, a Blackberry 7130e with Verizon. I also got a new 720, and while it pairs just fine and even retrieves my phone numbers, the TT says "this phone does not support PLUS services" and I don't have an option to configure manually. Also, when I click on PLUS services on the TT, all I ever get is "not supported on this phone" message. Any ideas? I can't figure out how to get to the screen where I can enter all the manual information provided on this thread. Thanks!

P.S. I primarily use a Mac but have access to a PC.

Ok, my work just sent me a new phone, a Blackberry 7130e with Verizon. I also got a new 720, and while it pairs just fine and even retrieves my phone numbers, the TT says "this phone does not support PLUS services" and I don't have an option to configure manually. Also, when I click on PLUS services on the TT, all I ever get is "not supported on this phone" message. Any ideas? I can't figure out how to get to the screen where I can enter all the manual information provided on this thread. Thanks!

P.S. I primarily use a Mac but have access to a PC.

fanchee, have you tried looking at these threads:

Blackberry related

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=2778

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=1419

Verizon related

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?p=21722

Hope that helps...

Looked through all of those thread before posting, still no joy. Thanks for the links though!

I have a treo 700 and I dont really understand why my 910 doesn't recognize my phone as having a data connection. I pay extra for internet. I'm sorry new to all of this.....

Connecting to LG VX9400

I have the Lgvx9400 ( the tv phone) and boy, I have struggled and struggled trying to set up my tt plus services. -

==============
Hello there,
I also have a LG VX9400 and was hoping to know if you could share the manual connections that made it work. So far I can receive calls and talks hands free but I cannot transfer any data. Hopefully your help will be the missing bit :):)

Thanks in advanced.
Filippo

==============
Hello there,
I also have a LG VX9400 and was hoping to know if you could share the manual connections that made it work. So far I can receive calls and talks hands free but I cannot transfer any data. Hopefully your help will be the missing bit :):)

Thanks in advanced.
Filippo

LoL. I gave up months ago. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But it ain't gonna happen.
Good luck! Save yourself some frustration and get the rds/tmc. I don't have it yet, but will be getting it soon.

Does anyone know how to set up a treo 700w from verizon?? So far the only thing I can use is the handsfree calling, no data transfer.....

k i got the everything connected and i could download and use weather
but what i cant get to work is the txt msg to show up on the TT

any clues why not

Does anyone know how to set up a treo 700w from verizon?? So far the only thing I can use is the handsfree calling, no data transfer.....

You might look through this thread for some clues. I never go tit to work with my 700w but have now switched to the BB 8830. Good Luck

i have a WX and it works

u need the data plan AND the 15/m access charge
(Broadband Access connect)

Ask a Question