Verizon Wireless and Tomtom Rider 2 plus services

Hello everybody,
I'm going nutz trying to find out how to use my tomtom rider 2nd plus services with Verizon Wireless..
I'm about to switch to a new phone and I don't want to get a PDA.. I just want a regular phone like the razr or similar and be able to hook it up to the GPS.
Now I called tomtom and verizon and this is what I found out.
Tomtom told me that is not possible to use plus services with verizon because they recently blocked this feature..
Verizon told me that all I need to get is a cellphone with CDMA..
To me none of them really knows what the heck they are talking about.

My question is, I saw that with VZW you can use data for 1.99 per MB. I'm not planning to subscribe to all of the plus services but just the free one buddies, so I don't need to get a all inclusive data plan since I'm gonna be using it just every once in a while.

I'm very confused with all these plans and settings.. I tried to connect my wife motorola krzr, I enter all the manual settings ([email protected] etc..) but it's not working.

It there anyone out there that has verizon wireless and a TT rider 2 that was able to make it work???

Thanks!@!@@
Damiano

Just got TT720 to work w/ Verizon smartphone

See my post in the 720 section about TT Plus services and my Verizon Moto Q9M that I just got to work. Good luck

Hello everybody,
I'm going nutz trying to find out how to use my tomtom rider 2nd plus services with Verizon Wireless..
I'm about to switch to a new phone and I don't want to get a PDA.. I just want a regular phone like the razr or similar and be able to hook it up to the GPS.
Now I called tomtom and verizon and this is what I found out.
Tomtom told me that is not possible to use plus services with verizon because they recently blocked this feature..
Verizon told me that all I need to get is a cellphone with CDMA..
To me none of them really knows what the heck they are talking about.

My question is, I saw that with VZW you can use data for 1.99 per MB. I'm not planning to subscribe to all of the plus services but just the free one buddies, so I don't need to get a all inclusive data plan since I'm gonna be using it just every once in a while.

I'm very confused with all these plans and settings.. I tried to connect my wife motorola krzr, I enter all the manual settings ([email protected] etc..) but it's not working.

It there anyone out there that has verizon wireless and a TT rider 2 that was able to make it work???

Thanks!@!@@
Damiano

Ask a Question