Verizon LG DARE VX9700 wireless setup

Okay I just switched from the Sprint network to the Verizon network and now my TOMTOM doesn't connect to my cell to get the GPS fix. I have searched every aspect of the internet trying every trick in the book and I still can not get my TOMTOM to connect to my new phone. So All of the other posts that say to disable this and that or use this USERID and password has not worked for me. :confused:

TOMTOM will find my phone and pair up, then tries to set up the wireless data connection. I am at that 65% complete

No when I try to pair up with TOMTOM with my cell phone is tells me "DEVICE PAIRINGINCOMPLETE"

Can anyone help?

Last edited:
I can't get the LG Dare to pair with my 720 for handsfree. It get to 40% complete and asks for the passcode. It does not accept the 0000passcode. If I cancel, the 720 shows the LG as a phone but does not let me use the handsfree. I did not have any problem pairing the LG with a motorola H700.

The Tomtom 720 had previously been paired with a Motorola E815.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks,

Howie

Last edited:
720 pairing with LG Dare

I can't get the LG Dare to pair with my 720 for handsfree. It get to 40% complete and asks for the passcode. It does not accept the 0000 passcode. If I cancel, the 720 shows the LG as a phone but does not let me use the handsfree. I did not have any problem pairing the LG with a motorola H700.

The Tomtom 720 had previously been paired with a Motorola E815.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks,

Howie

I first posted this as a response to another thread then realized that it was in the One forum. Sorry for the double posting.

Well you can add me to this list also...

I have a new dare VX 9700 and my TT 700 can't find it, although the verizon phone finds the Tom Tom right away.........

I finally got my Dare to work.. Works great. How I did it was mess with the phone and make sure it is in discovery mode. I thought I was doing it right but I wasn't. Trying to remember how I did it now... so i can post it!

I just got it to work. I had already set the Dare to discoverable. The trick is when the 720 is trying to connect, the Dare will say that the bluetooth connection failed. At that point, have the Dare try to find a bluetooth device. Only when both units are trying to set up the connection will it work. It does not work when either one of the units is trying to set up the connection with the second one set up in discoverable.

The only problem is the phonebook did not transfer. I have tried to transfer it several times without success.

Last edited:
From other threads I found that the phone book is a 730 firmware 8.3 problem. Copied my phonebook from a backup. Numbers are small but it is working. Now if only the 720 used its voice recognition to dial.

I just got it to work. I had already set the Dare to discoverable. The trick is when the 720 is trying to connect, the Dare will say that the bluetooth connection failed. At that point, have the Dare try to find a bluetooth device. Only when both units are trying to set up the connection will it work. It does not work when either one of the units is trying to set up the connection with the second one set up in discoverable.

The only problem is the phonebook did not transfer. I have tried to transfer it several times without success.

I second this recommendation. I have the Tom Tom One and LG Dare. Set both devices to search. The phone found the Tom Tom 1st. It did fail the first time but worked on second attempt. Good Luck

Ask a Question