Verizon Wireless

TomTom Model(s)
Is anyone using a Verizon wireless phone for both hands free and data...w/ a GOx10?

If so what phone(s) do you recommend...

Thank you in advance...

I have it set to not receive calls during data transfer. and right after the data
is done. It switches back & says "Connected to Motorola Phone"

I have no problems....

VZW & Bluetooth

I was on the phone with a very knowlodgable VZW 3rd level engineer last night....

He had indicated their will soon be Bluetooth legislation passed that will make it illegal for providers to "cripple" bluetooth capabilities on mobile devices. This is good news for VZW users as Verizon currently practices this in the name of security, even though the current version of bluetooth offe adequate security....

VERIZON & Razor Phone

Probably the most sold phone in the world and i cannot for anything connect wireless to this phone. i can use the bluetooth with no problem but when i want to connect to say weather and it needs a wireless,,,NO WAY. .am i doing something wrong, is there a trick to this
mark
:(

The trick is Verizon... They trick you into believing that you can use the phone as a sort of modem for the TomTom... You cannot.

I'f I'm wrong, someone please tell me how to get my Verizon (Motorola E815) set up with my Go700 to do more than be a speaker phone.

So you're saying you've been able to do more than just use the TT as a speakerphone.

Yes assuming your phone supports Dial Up Networking (DUN) you can use your phone to get Plus services (assuming you have the broadband Service - NOT Mobile Web...

When configuring data services on your Gox10, select other for phone and service so that you may configure the service manually...

Enter the following parameters:
Access Point name: vzw3g
Username: mobile#@vzw3g.com (mobile# is your cell phone #)
Password: vzw
Dialup #: Accept Default
use DHCP-auto and DNS-auto
left blank for Logon Script

You should be good to go...assuming you don't have a VX8100 :mad:

You will have to test if your phone can switch between data and hands free mode w/o issue.

If your phone can't switch you may have to disable data services in order to use hands free mode...

Now I see where mine fails, I don't have BB service only mobile web.

Yes assuming your phone supports Dial Up Networking (DUN) you can use your phone to get Plus services (assuming you have the broadband Service - NOT Mobile Web...

When configuring data services on your Gox10, select other for phone and service so that you may configure the service manually...

Enter the following parameters:
Access Point name: vzw3g
Username: mobile#@vzw3g.com (mobile# is your cell phone #)
Password: vzw
Dialup #: Accept Default
use DHCP-auto and DNS-auto
left blank for Logon Script

You should be good to go...assuming you don't have a VX8100 :mad:

You will have to test if your phone can switch between data and hands free mode w/o issue.

If your phone can't switch you may have to disable data services in order to use hands free mode...

berkisho,

broadband service is which one? is that Vcast option or the laptop option? i just switched back from Q to razr and i can't seem to get it working. any help?

thanks

alex

berkisho,

broadband service is which one? is that Vcast option or the laptop option?

Broadband (BB) is the laptop option...

It is quite annoying and confusing that Verizon offers Vcast, Mobileweb and BB all at different prices...they should just offer them all in a package...

Verizon and TOMTOM!!! COME ON GUYS!!

Someone has to know how to do this guys!!

I have looked at probably 10 other forums! I know this is the best one, now come on! Let's figure this out??

HOW DO WE MAKE A Verizon Treo 700w or 700wx communicate for the Plus services for Tomtom assuming we already have the data plan????

PLEASE POST BACK!!!!

I have looked at probably 10 other forums! I know this is the best one, now come on! Let's figure this out??

HOW DO WE MAKE A Verizon Treo 700w or 700wx communicate for the Plus services for Tomtom assuming we already have the data plan????

PLEASE POST BACK!!!!

Which data plan do you have? have you add the $15/month teather feature on top of your data plan?

Also have you confirmed that the Palm Treo 700W supports blue tooth teathering?

PLEASE POST BACK!!!!

This may help : https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=1719

After that, see here to really unleash the beast in your Treo: http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=897422
P.s., PDAnet does NOT support the TT, so ignore that post.

Last edited:
berkisho,

broadband service is which one? is that Vcast option or the laptop option? i just switched back from Q to razr and i can't seem to get it working. any help?

thanks

alex
The Razr only supports Vcast. It doesn't support mobile web, wireless data or Broadband Access/Connect(DUN). Also, Verizon has crippled EVERY PHONE (non smartphone/pda) on their network from having the OBEX feature(Object Exchange Protocol-the method the phone uses to transfer data wirelessly via Bluetooth), only allowing the bluetooth feature to be used for "hands-free" talking. BUT, there may be a solution with some tweaking to your Razr. See here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=814351

You should also look here for other fun things to do with your Razr: http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=945963

Last edited:
The trick is Verizon... They trick you into believing that you can use the phone as a sort of modem for the TomTom... You cannot.

I'f I'm wrong, someone please tell me how to get my Verizon (Motorola E815) set up with my Go700 to do more than be a speaker phone.

With the E815......YES, with some hacking, you can use it for DUN, i.e. as a modem. See these: http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=901635
http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1123615

I would recommend joining this forum as you WILL definitely have questions.

Treo 700 Wx Still No Luck!!!

This may help : []

After that, see here to really unleash the beast in your Treo
P.s., PDAnet does NOT support the TT, so ignore that post.

Thanks for the help BUT...

This is for the Motorola Q, not the Treo 700wx, they are configured differently. I know it sounds odd, but they are! My TT will not recognize the phone for BT wireless data, it will only recognize for BT Phone/voice.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

The phones are configured differently, but the precess is the same. Did you actually read the instructions? Or just stop once you read Motorola Q? It specifically says that the instructions were for the Motorola Q, but the instructions should be the same for any pda.

What have you done so far?

Last edited:
Aside from the Unlimited Data Plan, do ou also have the $15 "Broadband Connect (or Access...i forget the name) Plan"?

Ask a Question