Verizon Wireless

I was on the phone with a very knowlodgable VZW 3rd level engineer last night....

He had indicated their will soon be Bluetooth legislation passed that will make it illegal for providers to "cripple" bluetooth capabilities on mobile devices. This is good news for VZW users as Verizon currently practices this in the name of security, even though the current version of bluetooth offe adequate security....

I have not heard of this legislation. Any word on whether it has passed or what the bill number is?

Hello Guys

I just got a Tom Tom Go 910 and I love it but I have not been able to configure the bluetooth connection for Plus Services with my Treo 700 wx. I can used it to make calls answer calls and so on but can get messages or Plus services on it... Can some one help I will appreciated a lot Thank You.

No horizon with verizon

I just got a Tom Tom Go 910 and I love it but I have not been able to configure the bluetooth connection for Plus Services with my Treo 700 wx. I can used it to make calls answer calls and so on but can get messages or Plus services on it... Can some one help I will appreciated a lot Thank You.[/SIZE]

I have the Lgvx9400 ( the tv phone) and boy, I have struggled and struggled trying to set up my tt plus services. Also, i ordered a rds/tmc antenna from canada recently. Chicago has the tmc broadcasting so this should work right? I am kinda scared after reading a post saying the ones "in europe" are only set up for europe. It should be here any day. I hope I didn't waste $50! If anyone can help, Thanks-[/COLOR]

Also, i ordered a rds/tmc antenna from canada recently. Chicago has the tmc broadcasting so this should work right? I am kinda scared after reading a post saying the ones "in europe" are only set up for europe. It should be here any day. I hope I didn't waste $50! If anyone can help, Thanks-

Please keep us posted on that Canadian RDS/TMC antenna...

first off VZW customer support sucks when it comes to TT and USB DUN for laptops. They claim it is not possible to connect my xv6700 to my laptop but it has been done. They could not help me connect the xv6700 because it was not supported. I not only have the xv6700 connected but now the Mot Q and the VZ blackberry.

with that said... I have a TT910 and access to 5 types of VZW phones. let me know what types of pnone you have and I will try to help you connect with your TT.
:)

Last edited:
Pray for reception

I sure will. It should be here any day. If it works, Im contacting this little online store where i bought it and buying at least 5 of them and then selling them on ebay. I found many stores in Europe that carried it, but none would ship to USA. The store I ordered it at in Canada was like, "oh... its not a problem dontcha know" and I was like "Good deal dontcha know"

I just got a Tom Tom Go 910 and I love it but I have not been able to configure the bluetooth connection for Plus Services with my Treo 700 wx. I can used it to make calls answer calls and so on but can get messages or Plus services on it... Can some one help I will appreciated a lot Thank You.

Normally I would offer you my help, but I'm offended by the abrasiveness of size of the font and color you used in your post, as if your post is more important/urgent than others so the only advice I will offer is to search the site as I have posted info on this, and post normally in the future.

Normally I would offer you my help, but I'm offended by the abrasiveness of size of the font and color you used in your post, as if your post is more important/urgent than others so the only advice I will offer is to search the site as I have posted info on this, and post normally in the future.

lol, I tried to quote that comment and my comment came out the size of an ant on honey i shrunk the kids.

I just got a 510 a few days ago. My wife and I have Verizon phones. My enV VX9900 connected jsut fine for making Bluetooth calls, but no luck with importing phone numbers or data. Her RAZR V3c didn't connect to the TomTom at all. I see that the V3m has had success, but anyone get the V3c to work even as a speaker phone?

Is anyone using a Verizon wireless phone for both hands free and data...w/ a GOx10?

If so what phone(s) do you recommend...

Thank you in advance...

Hello there,
I am using Verizon/ LG VX8300 and it works good with my GO 910 as hands free and it connects to my phone automatically when device is turned on. But not for text message retrieval or readout.

Well finally 15 days later and many emails, I get a call from the canadian store that swore they had the tmc reciever in stock. They lied. I wonder how long it will take to get my refund now since it took 15 days for them to figure out they didn't have it in stock.
Now I have to get plus. Booo.

Well finally 15 days later and many emails, I get a call from the canadian store that swore they had the tmc reciever in stock. They lied. I wonder how long it will take to get my refund now since it took 15 days for them to figure out they didn't have it in stock.
Now I have to get plus. Booo.

Ouch....Now I guess we will have to wait for mid-July; I think I remember someone posting that the official launch was going to be July 7th or so...

July can't come quick enough. I subscribed to a data plan, I wasted hours and hours, and my vx9400 by lg and my data calls via blue tooth kept getting ended because verizon said "It was unstable". They said if i got a usb that it would work. I canceled my data plan in frustration, (1 hour after i got it lol) and now am waiting for July...waiting for july.

Someone has to know how to do this guys!!

I have looked at probably 10 other forums! I know this is the best one, now come on! Let's figure this out??

HOW DO WE MAKE A Verizon Treo 700w or 700wx communicate for the Plus services for Tomtom assuming we already have the data plan????

PLEASE POST BACK!!!!

I did make some progress with my 700w using the information from the other post referenced in this thread and connected to the service initially - that was kind of exciting. However, after that, it has not been able to connect :mad: and i don't know why!

I did make some progress with my 700w using the information from the other post referenced in this thread and connected to the service initially - that was kind of exciting. However, after that, it has not been able to connect :mad: and i don't know why!

Does it start to connect to your phone and then all of a sudden your phone ends the call and then it tries again? It looks like its about to transmit data but then stops? Thats what happens to me with my lg vx9400.

Well, the results seem to be so flaky that it is hard to say exactly what is going wrong. Most of the time when I try and connect to any of the Plus services the TT tries to connect and then I get the "connection not possible" type error message.

I also think I have a username/password issue as well with TT Traffic - I believe you are supposed to use your TT website login but that is not working for me off of the TT Rider screens. I then started to get a message saying my trial has run out on Traffic even though i have never used it before...:confused:

Hmm, I didn't know you needed to use your username from tomtom home. I think i tried every imaginable means of logging my phone into traffic so instead I will just wait for the RDS/TMC reciever which is supposed to come out the 2nd quarter of 2007. If my calander skills are up to date, Q2 ended already...but no word from tomtom...

I really, really dislike waiting.

I hear you on the waiting part. Most of my effort was based on just needing to see if it could be done or not. I'm kind of at the point where I think that I'll just let the Plus services go by for the time being - I doubt there was anythign all that exciting there in the first place ;)

Please excuse my ignorance, I did read this whole thread and somehow missed what the exciting event that will be happening in mid July is - would someone please shed some light on it for me? And if its a cool new feature, will it be supported on the Rider as well?
Thanks in advance - great forum!

Ask a Question