VAT tax charges for non-euro users

I'll have another go! It's always possible of course that it's not always the same person manning the Facebook page. I was quite surprised that no one picked up on what I wrote about the VAT caper.

Still no response to my March 15th Facebook posting. A few weeks ago, I had an e-mail from TomTom saying they'd noticed that I hadn't updated my maps and asking me to complete a survey. I did! In the section asking for comments I again brought up the 'vexatious' matter of VAT levied on purchases from beyond the EU. You'll be as amazed as I am that there's been no response to this either!

Last edited:
Still no response to my March 15th Facebook posting. A few weeks ago, I had an e-mail from TomTom saying they'd noticed that I hadn't updated my maps and asking me to complete a survey. I did! In the section asking for comments I again brought up the 'vexatious' matter of VAT levied on purchases from beyond the EU. You'll be as amazed as I am that there's been no response to this either!
I've finally updated my map of Australia. VAT of 9.46 euros ($12.77 AUD) has been levied. They never learn. It's about time that this farce stopped once and for all. I'll write to them yet again to get the tax rescinded.

Something a few of us want to know...

Ask TomTom how they are managing this incorrectly levied VAT in their accounting. When the purchaser doesn't insist on having it refunded, are they incorrectly sending this money to the government, or are they incorrectly adding it to their bottom line?

Ask a Question