v7.54 app out for Rider2

Seriously (which is very rare with me), sometimes my unit was turning on while been uncradled, but never when I plugged in the external power.
Last night I saw it coming to life when I turned on the engine of my car and the therefore the lighter socket.
But it doesn't do that if I plug the ext. power at my desk.
Go figure.

LOL

Well, not to beat a dead horse, but as i stated, it never ever did it until I upgraded to the latest application version.

Cheers

ps: I guess that is beating the horse.....

As a total noob, my rider hasn't arrived yet, should I refuse updates at first? Are there two kinds of updates, one for the map and one for the OS? It appears 7.54 breaks Tripmaster which I think I'd like to try.
Thanks

I really like the 7.45 OS, has a better interface and other features. Make sure you have the HOME 2.3 as well.

There is a trip statistics feature as well.

Cheers

Mine wont stay off anymore. It crashes while 'suspending' and turns on over and over until it finally dies from a dead battery.

This is a feature for me with the new software. It didn't do this at first, then it did, then went away and is now back again.

It seems something corrupts. If I change the icon of the pointer it will do it for sure. Any insight on a dot revision coming?

Thanks!

I updated mine and have had strange problems. Rider V2

#1 and most annoying: it will not stay shut off. It seems to fail shutting down as it takes a really long time to shut down, then it boots with the TomTom screen like it was reset. It turns back on and of course runs down the battery when off my bike. I thought I had not disconnected properly so I restored and tried again, but it didn't fix the problem

#2 probably related to the 'reset' like behavior. The changed icon for the vehicle doesn't stick and either does the pairing with my headset.

I can revert back, but I really like the updates. To the point now where I will live with the annoyances.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

The car symbols only work in the 3D view.
The reset behavior sounds like you are using a crapy SD card or a 4gig SD card....try a good quality 2gig SD card. The tomtom does not support SDHC.

The car symbols only work in the 3D view.
The reset behavior sounds like you are using a crapy SD card or a 4gig SD card....try a good quality 2gig SD card. The tomtom does not support SDHC.

Changing the icon causes the unit to not shut down but crash when suspending.

I am using the SD card that came with it, which probably is crap but expected to work fine.

Interestingly, support had me remove the application, then re-add it. The system worked great until I created an itinerary. Now I am back in the same boat.

Am I alone here?

Ask a Question