v7.54 app out for Rider2

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2nd Edition
Just got offered this update today which is great news. Hopefully I can now get upto date maps and participate in mapshare etc. :D

Yep just finished installing it, a number of the added features are inculded, MapShare, change car symbol, safety preferences and safety driving menu, quick menu for cars and battery saving preferences, as well as a send/recieve files option to send files back and forth, I assume to/from other TomTom devices. Pretty nice, now if they could only come up with a PC/Mac route planner.

I guess I know what I'll be doing when I get home...

After updating HOME to v2.3 I was offered various v7.15 maps for Europe, didn't see anything for US. I purchased the UK&Ireland map and have been able to install correctiions ok. The map itself is from Tele Atlas.

Ohhhh.

Trip Statistics was added.

Average Speed, Max Speed, Distance, Moving time and what appears to be distance to destination. Also has a second screen for more stats on total time of trip, etc.

Also appears that you can change the default symbol from the arrow to a picture image.

Tripmaster does not work with 7.54

It seems that I cannot get tripmaster to work with the new software version. TomTom home 2 loads up and appears to install Tripmaster, but it does not show as an installed app in HOME or appear on the menu of the unit. (even after rebooting again.)

I updated mine and have had strange problems. Rider V2

#1 and most annoying: it will not stay shut off. It seems to fail shutting down as it takes a really long time to shut down, then it boots with the TomTom screen like it was reset. It turns back on and of course runs down the battery when off my bike. I thought I had not disconnected properly so I restored and tried again, but it didn't fix the problem

#2 probably related to the 'reset' like behavior. The changed icon for the vehicle doesn't stick and either does the pairing with my headset.

I can revert back, but I really like the updates. To the point now where I will live with the annoyances.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

It seems that I cannot get tripmaster to work with the new software version. TomTom home 2 loads up and appears to install Tripmaster, but it does not show as an installed app in HOME or appear on the menu of the unit. (even after rebooting again.)

Hi, I just joined this "club"
Spent hours last night on the newfound problem with trimpmaster.
No solutions so far.

Yep just finished installing it, a number of the added features are inculded, MapShare, change car symbol, safety preferences and safety driving menu, quick menu for cars and battery saving preferences, as well as a send/recieve files option to send files back and forth, I assume to/from other TomTom devices. Pretty nice, now if they could only come up with a PC/Mac route planner.

Could it be the new Itinerary Planner on page 2?
I didn't fool around much with it, but it looks promising.

Ciao

Found and installed it.

Says my 675 map is the latest version. I wouldnt be eligible for a free upgrade anyways as my TTR2 is over 30 days old.

It shows a couple of new maps for north america, one for canada/alaska v720 and one for the US v720.

cheers

675 is the newest for the rider.
The 7.54 is available if you select to update your device. It is the OS not the map. I'm having a lot of trouble with the new version. Not sure if anyone else is.

I am unable to view the actual unit on the HOME 2.3 like I could on the HOME 1.5. It says "does not yet support this model" or something to that effect.

Other than that, everything seems to work so far. I downloaded some POI's and used the mapshare.

Cheers

I am unable to view the actual unit on the HOME 2.3 like I could on the HOME 1.5. It says "does not yet support this model" or something to that effect.

Other than that, everything seems to work so far. I downloaded some POI's and used the mapshare.

Cheers
Working ok here. Have you updated the firmware to 7.54?

Now with the new application version, if my TTR2 is off, when I remove it from the cradle, it turns itself on....odd

Cheers

Not really, most likely in the act of removing it from the cradle, the contacts touch-not touch causes the TTR to turn on.

I wish it would work as well for girls...:D :D :D

675 is the newest for the rider.
The 7.54 is available if you select to update your device. It is the OS not the map. I'm having a lot of trouble with the new version. Not sure if anyone else is.

I'm deciding between a Zumo 550 and the TTR 2 for my bike. Is it true that the latest map compatible with the TTR is 6.75??? I'd have thought it would work with the latest 7.20 version?

ANyone know for sure?

OK, never mind - I see on the TT site that the TTR 2 is fully compatible with the latest V7.20 maps such as the 1.6GB North America map, etc. That is cool. SD cards are cheap! Less than $10 at Newegg.com

Last edited:
Not really, most likely in the act of removing it from the cradle, the contacts touch-not touch causes the TTR to turn on.

I wish it would work as well for girls...:D :D :D

Well, not really. If that was the case it would have done that prior to upgrading to 7.45. If its off , its off.

I suspect that there is programing involved with 7.45 that is causing this.

I do believe there is another model(s) of TT that turn on when you set in the cradle, and there is a setting on your preferences to eliminate it doing that.

I dont mind that it turns on when placing in the cradle, its silly to have it turn on when removing it.

Cheers

Last edited:

Ask a Question