User suggestions for TOM TOM ?/update error

TomTom Model(s)
920T
MAybe I missed it, Is there a suggestion box for users to make suggestions to make tom tom a better product. by people who use it alot like myself . I drive Alot thru Missouri where there adding new roads and closing roads all the time. I Lost count on how many times it sent me down a closed dead end road. I am aware of the map correction button but what incentive to I have to make this available to all users, There is great potential here but a huge lack Of user interface and incentive.I also incounterd an update error stright out of the box if I upgrade to 2.0 I can no longer connect via the media net connection supplied by my cell service provider(AT@T) So for those of you who have updated to 2.0 try down grading back to well what ever came before 2.0 if your experiencing the connection problem. it also makes points of intrest go hay wire and some times it cant find certian POI`s

Whats realy going on?:eek:

They have a suggestion box, but it's disguised as support. Write support with your suggestions, and they'll send you a form letter back thanking you for it.

Now... as for Missouri, we have what's known in the industry as the network effect. Most people I know in Missouri aren't technically sophistimicated enough or well-funded enough to buy a luxury item like a GPS, so without a user base that's constantly sending in corrections, the map corrections may lag a bit compared to the Silicon Valley where 1 in 3 people have a GPS of some kind. The network effect is that the value in joining a group is proportional to the size of the group. Small group, little interest. Big group, high interest.

The incentive for making corrections is simple: you make the correction on your unit so that your TomTom doesn't send you down the same closed road again! As long as you're doing that, you might as well share. The better quality the maps become, the more motivated others will be to buy a TomTom. The more people buy a TomTom, the more corrections you'll get from others, and the quality of your map will improve.

Ask a Question