US Traffic

TomTom Model(s)
My traffic subscription expired earlier this week, I had it reset, the new expiraton is 11/15/07...I guess they are extending the "free trial" period beyond May 31st...

I just called to have mine renewed. I asked why it would take 48 hours, the customer service lady had the nerve to tell me to be happy that is was free!! More of that great TT customer service...lol

wait wait wait, we have to tell them to have them renewed again? I lost January because of PLUS server issues.

At least their traffic information seems to be improving dramatically!

YES.
It is definitely getting better, but it seems I have to renew every 20 days. Free schmeee, I WANT to pay for it to avoid the headache of constantly renewing.

Traffic Receiver

I was working with support on another issue (was sent back a refurb 910 and it crashed my computer again) and was told the receiver may come out next month and that they had been testing a number of them in their facility.

Tried the traffic on Fri. It said my subscription expired (I thought it was the end of May?). After a few retries, it finally connects and updates my traffic. Odd.

Not available yet in the US.
Do you mean "RDS-TMC not available in the US" or "US TomToms can't receive the data" or what? Seems to work on US-based Garmins right now...

Ah, if you mean the receiver isn't available in the US now, that's true. I more meant that I'm sure someone has bought one overseas and has attempted to use it in the US. Does the European receiver work in the US? If so, eBay is our friend. :)

Last edited:
Hmm, just checked my TT account and my expiration date is 19th June.

Do I need to reset it or is that the latest date? I thought I heard Nov?

Hmm, just checked my TT account and my expiration date is 19th June.

Do I need to reset it or is that the latest date? I thought I heard Nov?

Oh wow, you're right. I just logged into my TT account and my Traffic subscription expries 26-11-2007, sweet!

I would just call support, I found it much easier.

i tried traffic for teh first time on my us 910 and my blackberry 8800, and I have to say that this is the one thing that i really dislike about my tomtom.

It doesnt compare to other traffic services that are out, or are coming out. Its very poorly implemented and leaves a lot to be desired.

Do you mean "RDS-TMC not available in the US" or "US TomToms can't receive the data" or what?
I apologize for the miscommunication.

It's not avialable for TomTom...yet.

If you perform a search, one user compared TomTom traffic to their Garmin RDS-TMC.

Oh wow, you're right. I just logged into my TT account and my Traffic subscription expries 26-11-2007, sweet!

I would just call support, I found it much easier.
call? haha.. no that's ok.

Edit: lol.. reset the account and now it says 20th July

Edit2: LOL I reset the account again and now it says 20th Aug....

Last edited:

Ask a Question