Upgrade One XL to include tts possible?

I received a One XL for Christmas, which does not have the text to speech feature. As far as I can tell, that is the only difference b/w it and the One XL-S. So, other than exchanging it for the XL-S, I was wondering if anyone "in-the-know" could tell me if there could be a way to upgrade my unit to include text to speech? Is that capability purely a software function, and if so, it seems that tomtom could offer a software upgrade that could be purchased. Or, I guess the other possibility would be some sort of hack. Oh, by the way, I still don't even have my unit up and running. The software never installed properly, the update did not install properly, and so my unit is stuck in a loop. I finally got through to customer service, who told me how to delete the application from the unit. Now, I have to wait until late tonight to try to connect to the server to download the application program onto the unit. I find it interesting that the garmin site is up and running fast as can be. Hopefully I can get this up and running properly, but so far I am unimpressed.

Last edited:

Ask a Question