Upgrade of 12/13/07 broke my Tomtom!

I downloaded the latest application update last Thursday and now my Tomtom one 2nd Edition will not work at all - it cannot recognise the memory card. I tried going back to the original version on the CD but that would not work either. I am so frustrated as I have tried everything I can think of to go back to a previous working version but although the application can see the card when it is in a card reader - and treats it as though it is a working GPS device - when I put the card in the GPS device the device shows that screen with a red cross through the sd card. Please help me somebody!:confused: :(

After upgrading a TomTom, you have to click on 'Device', ' Disconnect' in Home.
Wait for the device to reboot completely, before turning it off.
Since you don't have a backup, recovery is more complicated.
I suggest calling TomTom Support for help, or exchange it.
But please read this sticky first before attempting anything again. There is also another sticky above ('TomTom best pratices') which discusses about the same thing.
You just cannot disconnect your TomTom when you want to, and how you want to ...:D

Ask a Question