Updating SD card / internal memory form TT Home

TomTom Model(s)
Go-920 App 9.465 Map N A 895.4438 C&W Europe 8.30 Magellan Explorist 710
I don't know if I was the only one doing this but when I would connect my 920 to TT home to get any updates it would give me a choice to update ether my Sd card or internal memory so I would select one or the other do the update and then log-out then log-in again to do the other.

I didn't realize that you could just go back to the TT home page and at to top of the page click on device and change from internal memory to Sd card or visa/versa and then just click on update my Go to do the other memory.:eek:

I just thought I would just pass this time saving info along in case there are some other folks out there that are as dumb as me.

Last edited:
I've got EU maps in my SD card and the only time I've ever gotten TT Home to show available updates for the EU maps is to go Operate My Go, select EU map, go back to TT Home update my go. In other words, I had to make the European map active before TT Home would allow any updates to show up for download.

I've got EU maps in my SD card and the only time I've ever gotten TT Home to show available updates for the EU maps is to go Operate My Go, select EU map, go back to TT Home update my go. In other words, I had to make the European map active before TT Home would allow any updates to show up for download.

Here is I set up my unit I drug my NA map from internal memory to my desktop then I formated my SD card fat 32 ( makesure you have back up with C&W Europe )
on it I then copied the balance of my internal memory including C&W Europe to my SD card basically taking 1/2 of total internal memory and puting it on my SD card. I then deleated my CW Europe map off my internal drive and drug the NA map back from my Desktop to the internal drive. So no I have full operating files on my SD card with
C & W Europe and the full operating files including my NA map on my internal memory leaving about 1 1/2 GB free on both. so when I start home with 920 on cradle I am offered a choice to update SD storage Card or internal memory. So I usualy chose storage SD Card first, after it is complete I go back to TT Home page click on divece / change device choose internal memory and click up date my GO from home page.

Last edited:
GarCor,
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize what the Change Device menu item did. Like you I have the Europe map on on memory and the NA on the other. That is the only way I could update the Europe map.
Andy

Here is I set up my unit I drug my NA map from internal memory to my desktop then I formated my SD card fat 32 ( makesure you have back up with C&W Europe )
on it I then copied the balance of my internal memory including C&W Europe to my SD card basically taking 1/2 of total internal memory and puting it on my SD card. I then deleated my CW Europe map off my internal drive and drug the NA map back from my Desktop to the internal drive. So no I have full operating files on my SD card with
C & W Europe and the full operating files including my NA map on my internal memory leaving about 1 1/2 GB free on both. so when I start home with 920 on cradle I am offered a choice to update SD storage Card or internal memory. So I usualy chose storage SD Card first, after it is complete I go back to TT Home page click on divece / change device choose internal memory and click up date my GO from home page.

Is this really the only recommended way to move the Europe map to the SD card (to free up internal memory space)? Why is it necessary to copy ALL of the TomTom files to the SD card?

Is this really the only recommended way to move the Europe map to the SD card (to free up internal memory space)? Why is it necessary to copy ALL of the TomTom files to the SD card?

For the x20 and x30 models, it isn't necessary to copy everything, just the map folder and its contents.

For the x20 and x30 models, it isn't necessary to copy everything, just the map folder and its contents.

Thanks dhn.

I just downloaded the new Western_and_Central_Europe map 805.1801 for my 930

( which is too big to go on the internal memory even after deleting to old Western_and_Central_Europe 800.1765 )

and was just " searching " the site to see if I would need to load the application on the SD card for it to work " correctly "

PSJ aka Marc

Ask a Question