Unable to Update School POI

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Has anyone else noticed that you cannot seem to add/edit/delete School POIs?

Anyone know how to workaround this? As I tried to add a school today (I like to get the warnings when entering a school zone), but TT wouldn't let me add to that POI.

--Phil

Yes I noticed that only school locations show up as a POI catagory when you want to navigate to them but do not show up on any POI edit menu. You could edit the POI the long way and wait for the next map release and your new school POI might be listed. Go to "Map Corrections/Correct a Map Error/Report Other Error/Other/Select a Location/Select the Location by touching screen where the school is/Describe the Map Error, giving details and School Name, addrress and phone nember. Select Done. The information will be uploaded next time you connect to TT home to update your device.

TT 720 School POI glitch

I'm having the same problem you are having. When accessing the School POI category through "Map corrections" icon, I do not see any POIs. However, I discovered that I can access the School POIs throught the "Manage POIs" icon. This means that the School category is treated like a custom user POI category. It is possible to delete the whole damn category!!!

I thought there was an application glitch that "accidently" moved the School category & contents away from the built-in categories so I consequently reinstalled new map but the same thing occured.

Could anyone else verify this glitch and respond?

Actually, its not a glitch. School, Playing field, fire stations, and Retail stores are all considered custom POI categories (albeit from TT) since they were added after the original POI database files were created from the factory. I'm not sure if these extra categories came with anyone's units right out of the box, but I know I had to download them from TomTom Home 2 when they were available it didn't come with my 720 out of the box.

Ask a Question