UK & US computer voice on the same device?

TomTom Model(s)
currently i have the US computer voice (susan?)

i would like to add the UK voice (the huge file that can read all the street names)

will it download via TTHome if i just change my preference for voice in the 720?

if i have enough room can i have them both on the same unit?

currently i have the US computer voice (susan?)

i would like to add the UK voice (the huge file that can read all the street names)

will it download via TTHome if i just change my preference for voice in the 720?

if i have enough room can i have them both on the same unit?

The key is 'if you have enough room'. If you have a sd card, you can install the second voice there if not enough room in core memory. But you can have more than 1 voice, yes, and just switch using the Voice Preference icon.

UK voice

OK, so i have this file "Kate_6.9.1.cab" that i got off the CD.

What do i do next?

i try to expand it (on a mac) and i just get a jumble of TMP folders that don't add up to how large the file was to start (see attached image)

Attachments

• kate.jpg
    kate.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 326
OK, so i have this file "Kate_6.9.1.cab" that i got off the CD.

What do i do next?

i try to expand it (on a mac) and i just get a jumble of TMP folders that don't add up to how large the file was to start (see attached image)

Can't speak for a Mac (sorry) but with TTHome on a pc, I go to Maps/Voices, then in the next screen go arrow right to Computer voices, and TTHome lists what there are available & where they are located. If it finds one on the computer, it shows that and I just click on 'add' and Home installs it on the unit.

Ask a Question