TTOne v2, Mac user, and grateful

TomTom Model(s)
TTOne v2 (2GB SD) map 6.65 7.161
Howdy y'all!

Map Upgrade. I just wanted to post a thread to be thankful for the forums and the messages. I got a TTOne v2 a while ago and I wouldn't have realized that the map upgrade deal was happening or that I needed it unless I had stumbled into these forums.

2GB Card and NA map. I managed to get a 2GB SD card from micro center for $15.99 onto which I just did a bulk copy of the 1GB card while I await the map upgrade. Been using the TTOne for about a week with the new card in it and I noticed it is a little faster booting up and so on. I intend to pop the NA map on once I get the upgrade DVD... sounds like folks have found it to be more accurate and have more detail.

I also popped tripmaster on the thing after reading a few threads here. Seems to run slow or take a bit to respond, but once that program is running, it seems ok after that.

Mac Compatible? I first found you guys after searching the web for "component is not available at this time" in response to my Tom Tom Home not connecting to my mac for the remote usage. That's a little annoying after having bought the TomTom on their representation that it had mac software. I hope you guys are right that they read these forums, because I did get the TomTom based solely on the mac software and on the price drop.

Shortest Route. Overall, I'm happy with the little TomTom -- it has sent me into some strange streets when I use the "shortest route", but I think some of it has been pretty fun trying to figure out how it knows that if you drive through someone's driveway, and into a parking lot and out the other exit, you save mileage. I got burned once though because there was an access gate in the parking lot it was routing me through. (d'oh)

well, I hope I can help out in the future, but I tend to just be a smart alec. At any rate, thanks again for the forums -- good info here.

Ask a Question