TTone or Magellan 2200T?

M_J

I hope I'm not breaching forum guidelines, but does anyone have an opinion on which is preferable... TTone or Magellan 2200T. Costco has the 2200T for $250, which seem to be a good deal.

any thoughts?

thanks,

j

search over

After researching there were limited reasons to get the Magellan. The reviews mention:

older interface
no mac software
customer support issues
limited firmware upgrades

the pros:

text to speech
longer battery life.

I opted for another TT1v3

I think you made the right choice. My buddy has the Megellan and he likes it, but if you make a wrong turn it tells you to turn around. My ONE just instantly re-calculates the route and keeps me on my merry way.

On most highways it's dangerous, if not impossible, to turn around.

Jim

I just returned the 2200T from costco. I also thought it was a great buy until I used it. It felt like all the way home it was telling me to make a leagal u-turn. I got sick of hearing it. It could not locate several places I needed so I contacted their CSR, after several attempts to get locations the CSR rep told me the unit won't locate anything thats 3-5 years old. What a waste. So I decided to do away with the Text To Speech option and go with the TT1. Havn't tried it yet but fingers are crossed it's a better device!

Ask a Question