TTH2 and Tyre

TomTom Model(s)
XL 340S Live
I just transferred over to a replacement laptop w/ W7 Home Premium (64) and I can't remember how I effortlessly got Tyre to be part of the TT Home2 Menu on the old laptop. Tyre runs fine but I'm used to having it in the TTH2 menu.

What simple thing am I overlooking?

TIA

Did you install Tyre AFTER installing Home2? It's during the install of Tyre that this 'connection' would occur. I haven't used Tyre in a while, so I don't remember whether it is currently able to tie into Home the way it once did, but the install sequence is important.

Of course. I bet that's exactly the problem and certainly makes sense: how would Tyre attach to a program not installed?

By "transferring over" I mean my day to day usage from the old laptop. I had installed those 2 softwares to check out on W7 some months back. Looking at the folder dates with them both, I think you nailed it - looks like Tyre came first.

Thanks for turning on the lites for me! :lol:

BTW - what do you use for that type of "work" now?

I think that people who CAN still use Tyre, DO still use it.
It's just that, in their warped wisdom, TomTom have decided we don't want to be able to use multi-point itineraries any more, so none of the newer models can import routes from Tyre!

Madness....:lalala:

A combination of two programs called GSAK and GPSBabel. I'm using those to deal with a very specific application for GPS.

GPSBabel is a truly extraordinary bit of work, managing to convert just about any imaginable GPS specific format to another GPS specific format, though sometimes having to use an intermediate format. Good when moving back and forth between brands, that's for sure.

Check out the format list! http://www.gpsbabel.org/capabilities.html

It's not a tool that many people would find helpful, but for those of us who have to swap things around between formats, it's a life saver.

GPSBabel is great. I've had that for a while - before I finally broke down and got a GPS. I use a GPS logger all the time, the first being from Delorme, and I used to use it for conversions. Still do with old S&T maps I create. I think I also used it with the Space Capsules POIs I made. At any rate, it's pretty handy.

I forget my routine with it all but I did transfer it to the new laptop the same time as Tyre (which is once again in my TTH2 menu).

Andy - that's good to know that Tyre isn't usable with TT's newer models.

Ask a Question