TT speeding cams!

TomTom Model(s)
One New Edition
i checked out the speeding cams on pocketgpsworld. however it seems really complicated to me and i still havent really understood what to do and how it works.

The TT speeding cams seem to be pretty simple to install and update.
Are they a lot worse or are they usable as well?

The TomTom Speed Cams don't offer that many options to it such as give you a warning like a POI would. You can ask questions at pocketgpsworld and they can help you out.

The TomTom Speed Cams don't offer that many options to it such as give you a warning like a POI would. You can ask questions at pocketgpsworld and they can help you out.

Thats a good point:

How does TT warn me (inform me about a cam) compared to Pocketgps?

I believe it will only give you a bell or bong sound. Spook should know more about this. With the ones from PocketGPSworld, you can add your own special ogg file.

In a previos post from Spook to masterx you can create a custom ogg to a POI
People,

If you want an audio warning for a specific POI you can just add an .ogg file of the same name as the .ov2 and it will be played (instead of beep or boing) if you have the 'warn when near..' function enabled. It is a lot easier than recompiling the data.chk, trust me!

E.g.;

Redlight.ov2
Redlight.bmp
Redlight.ogg

I believe it will only give you a bell or bong sound. Spook should know more about this. With the ones from PocketGPSworld, you can add your own special ogg file.
Correct. You used to be able to specify different sounds for TT cams, but this option disappeared with 6.51 and above. Now you can only have a default 'Polite beep'.

In there defence though, I think that that the TT cams are better than the PGPSW ones. I think that coverage and accuracy are better. A subscription from TT will give you cams Europe-wide (if you have a map for the area) (13 countries I think) and you get 'real-time' mobile camera alerts delivered via a connected phone. You can also make reports direct from the TT. They are much easier to install, as HOME fully automates the process. Updates are monthly.

In a previos post from Spook to masterx you can create a custom ogg to a POI
Err, not with TT cams you can't. Every other POI type, but not TT cams!

Correct. You used to be able to specify different sounds for TT cams, but this option disappeared with 6.51 and above. Now you can only have a default 'Polite beep'.

In there defence though, I think that that the TT cams are better than the PGPSW ones. I think that coverage and accuracy are better. A subscription from TT will give you cams Europe-wide (if you have a map for the area) (13 countries I think) and you get 'real-time' mobile camera alerts delivered via a connected phone. You can also make reports direct from the TT. They are much easier to install, as HOME fully automates the process. Updates are monthly.

The easy factor due to TT Home updates is big selling point for me. I think Im gonna go with the TT cams then. The Pocketgps site still confuses me. :confused:

I bought the speeding cams of TT yesterday. I'm gonna post here in few days and report if it was a good choice for me.

Ask a Question