Warnig sound when speeding

I own a TOMTOM one xl. It gives a warning sound when its near a speed camera but when the speed exceeds the speed limit, it only display the current speed in red but doesn't give a warning sound. How do I configure my Tomtom one XL (v1) to warn me with a sound when I travel faster than the speed limit.
Thanks

HTML:
How do I configure my Tomtom one XL (v1) to warn me with a sound when I travel faster than the speed limit.

I believe there is a setting in your safety settings that you can enable a sound, I did have it enabled on my 920 for a bit but it drove me crazy. Although I don't speed that often, I occasionally travel 5-7 kl over posted speed.

Last edited:
Use home and locate a verbal warning (.ogg file) I uploaded a while back. Its a verbal warning that says "Slow Down". Search for it.

I own a TOMTOM one xl. It gives a warning sound when its near a speed camera but when the speed exceeds the speed limit, it only display the current speed in red but doesn't give a warning sound. How do I configure my Tomtom one XL (v1) to warn me with a sound when I travel faster than the speed limit.
Thanks

I have a tom tom 920 and this is simple to do with this unit.. This unit has an icon that says safety preferences. All you have to do here is put a check in the box that says warn when driving faster than allowed then the next screen come up with all types of sounds to use for this setting, Make sure you have the latest application in your unit. The application on my unit is the 8.302

I also disabled the sound on my 920. The warning comes up when you are just 3 or 4 miles over the limit and was a nuisance. I still get the red limit and current speed as a reminder, but I am well aware of the speed at which I am driving as a normal part of being alert to my surroundings when driving.

Ask a Question