Speeding?

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom Live
I have just been notified of a speeding offence but i remember it well, A van parked just inside a 30mph zone and i am sure i entered at around 30mph but he pinged me before i entered! Crafty begger!
Can my Tom Tom live be used to prove my Speed, Time and position to counter this as it was as always switched on and in use.

Afraid a standard TomTom does not record your routes or the speed you were driving for later recall.

Also, I doubt that a court would consider a standard TomTom to be a suitably-calibrated device for use as evidence.

Sorry...

Afraid not. While the routing information is stored on the device, the data is encrypted and consequently not viewable by us users.

however, they'll accept into evidence guns used by police, which are not calibrated when they should be, and often not used correctly (I remember reading up on this). Seems a TT should (if possible) be allowable , hey, such is the beauty of the UK system, come to canada, 99% reduction in speed cameras, a FEW cops, but you can ALWAYS plead a lower fine and sometimes get out of them completely, one saving grace with the great white north ;) that and poutine !

In Ontario, a cop, unless legally called "Road racing" [50+ km/h over the limit], will always reduce the excess to 15 km/h as demerit points are only issued at an excess of 16 km/h.
Since a little over a year there will be a notice on the summons about the "actual" speed clocked in and the officer will caution you that, should you decide to defend yourself in court against the charges, the prosecuter will use the "actual" speed and the fine will be at least triple with your car insurance going up for 2 - 3 years.

These 80 - 90 % conviction rates look veeeery good on the cops record.

A driver does not dare to execute his civil rights when there is a collusion between the executive and judiciary branches of government.
(Most of the time, with minor infractions, the prosecutor for the crown is actually a mid level police officer, sworn in as an officer of the court.)

I have just been notified of a speeding offence but i remember it well, A van parked just inside a 30mph zone and i am sure i entered at around 30mph but he pinged me before i entered! Crafty begger!
Can my Tom Tom live be used to prove my Speed, Time and position to counter this as it was as always switched on and in use.

This wouldn't hold up in court.

Ask a Question