TT RDS-TMC 30 Dollars Cheaper on UK Site

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
If you go to tomtom.com and select UK as your country, the price of the RDS-TMC seems to be cheaper by 30 US dollars when you do the currency conversion. I wonder if you can order from that site and have it shipped to a US address.

But since there is free traffic service in Europe I wonder if you take your 920T there will the traffic work? I would hope so but...

But since there is free traffic service in Europe I wonder if you take your 920T there will the traffic work? I would hope so but...
The Plus service Traffic (based on GPRS) will work for you in Europe, but your RDS-TMC antenna will not work. The GO920 unit is the same, so you can buy a new RDS-TMC antenna for Europe, and then it will work fine.

I live in Norway and I have the European RDS-TMC. Before going to the USA last month I got a US RDS-TMC, and it was working fine with my GO920 on all the trip:)

The Plus service Traffic (based on GPRS) will work for you in Europe, but your RDS-TMC antenna will not work. The GO920 unit is the same, so you can buy a new RDS-TMC antenna for Europe, and then it will work fine.

I live in Norway and I have the European RDS-TMC. Before going to the USA last month I got a US RDS-TMC, and it was working fine with my GO920 on all the trip:)
You will not receive the order from the UK site even if the RDS-TMC would work stateside. They only ship to european addresses. Hope this helps!

Ask a Question