TT One 3rd Ed - No Map Found

I recently purchased the update map deal, and when I completed running the update and turned on my TT One it said "No Map Found". I did the update thru TT Home on my PC and Home showed the map was downloaded but my unit cannot find it. And No, I did not do a backup first. But I did do a restore using TT Home and now my TT One is working again, though it is using the old maps.

How do I get the new maps to work? Do I need to download them again or are they stored somewhere on my TT One and I just need to somehow activate it? Also, am I going to have this problem everytime I update my maps? I just bought the map sale where I get a new map each quarter for a year, and if I have to go thru this everytime, I am seriously doubting whether it is worth it.

I would appreciate anyone's help who knows how to fix this problem.

Your downloaded map will be found here:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

Connect to Home and move to Add Maps. The new map should be showwn as being on the computer. Select to Install and try again.

What happens sometimes is that Home fails to extract a vital .meta.dct file from the downloaded compressed map and transfer it to the map folder on the unit.

If the new installation fails again, report back and we'll go to plan B. (or plan C;) )

ok, I went into Home and clicked on Add Maps, and added the new map. Once again, when I run my TT One I get a display saying "No Map Found" and cannot do anything else.

Use Windows Explorer to view the contents of the following folders on your PC:

c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

There will be one folder per map you have purchased/ downloaded, open each one in turn and make sure there is zip file in each one named "map_activation.zip" can you see this file? - Mike

when I open the folder complete/map folder, this is what I see:
activation_map_51159 (cabinet file)
map14631 (gif file)
map14631-1 (gif file)
USA_and_Canada.toc
USA_and_Canada (zipped folder)

If I open the USA_and_Canada zipped folder I see:
brand (folder)
cline (DAT file)
cname (DAT file)
cnode (DAT file)
faces (DAT file)
mapinfo (DAT file)
poi (DAT file)
tables (DAT file)
tmcodes (DAT file)
traffic (DAT file)
USA_and_Canada (PNA file)
USA_and_Canada-140.meta

what do you want me to do?

Make a full backup of the device using Windows Explorer before you try anything else then:

Use WinRar to extract all the files from the USA map folder straight to the drive letter associated with the device, then use WinRar to extract the activation_map file to the same folder on the device created when you extractd the map files.
If you need WinRar for your PC you can download it Here - Mike

when I run the USA_Canada folder thru WinRAR to my TT One, it give me an error message saying "not enough disk space", but when I look at the device in HOME it shows that I have 100.9 MB free

Last edited:
When you have the Explorer backup, delete everything in the USA_Canada map folder on your unit but NOT the folder itself.

Then try the extraction method shown by Mike one more time.

ok. Deleted everything from the device USA_Canada folder and then used winRar to zip the contents of the USA_Canada folder from my PC to the device. Then did the same with the activation file. Rebooted the device and I still get No Map Found

ok, I ran the clear flash tool and it still showed no map found while using HOME. But when I disconnected my device from my computer it did come up with the new 845 map. However, now my favorites are gone. How do I get them back?

am I going to have this problem everytime I want to update my map?

HOME shows another USA_Canada map available to be downloaded and I have recently purchased the quarterly update of map plus the 2 free deal. If I am going to have to go thru this whole process everytime I try and update my maps, then it is not worth it.

I have also lost my itinerary routes, even though it shows them in Home, Manage my ONE. How to I get them back on my device again?

That shouldn't happen.........

Your saved itinerary routes are in the itn folder, each route a separate .itn file.

Copy them from a backup to the unit.

my mistake, I see them in the itn file. When I use my TT One, I forgot to go into Option and load the itinerary. They are all listed there.

thanks for all your help on this. I hope I don't need to do this everytime I download a map update in the future.

Ask a Question