TT 1 3rd edition and map updates

I currently have a TT One 3rd Edition. I purchased it several (maybe 3-4) years ago.

I thinking of doing the Map updates to it. My concern is being sure I will have enough Memory on my machine. I currently have map 710.15755 on it. Is there anyway to know if I will be able to put a newer map on my machine? It tells me I have to purchase a newer map.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Jennifer

It should offer the proper map for your device and it should overwrite the existing map.

That's the theory...........

In reality, recent maps have gotten renamed such that it might try to create a new specific map folder rather than overwriting the existing one. That would create space problems.

So, you can do this:

1. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

2. Then, after making sure the backup is on your computer, use Explorer to delete the specific map folder from your unit.

3. Next, connect to Home and make your map purchase. There should be room for the installation now.

4. After the installation, make another Explorer backup to a separate folder on your computer......

BUT..........................................

Before doing the above, connect to Home and see if a new application is offered for your unit. If so, accept and install. Disconnect the unit properly from the computer using Home's device disconnect and reconnect to Home until no further application updates are installed.

You see, if you have an older application installed, you may not be offered the newest maps.......

Ask a Question