TomTom One 3rd edition MAP UPLOAD PROBLEM

Hi, everyone,
I need help, and soon!
Tomorrow morning I am off to Estonia and I ofcourse would take my TomTom.
Last year I bought the East Europe map. I live in Finland and normally have Western Europe.
Well, the download wotked pretty ok the first time last summer. When I tried to get WE back the problems started.
I called support many times and no good came out of that. Finally after man? hours of work, I got it back, altho not complete. Had to leave out a lot because I kept getting a notice that it will not fit in... Strange, because it was there a week earlier.
Well now the situation is even worse! I first took away WE map, it is stored on my puter, When I started downloading EE map it loads for a bit then it stops. I configurated TT as I was told to do (support...).
Wouldn't work on my puter. But on my husbands puter we got it done. Ok, we try the download again. NOPE!!
Same thing. Ok, I give up and try to get WE map back. NOPE.
So, now I have an empty TomTom...........................................
HELP!!

Oh, and... is there a way to move TomTom home from my computer to my husband's????

Please, if anyone can help soon, my husband is already off to the nearset town to get a new GPS.... I would like to be able to call him and tell him that we can save that money....

-caysa-

It seems as if the download is ok, meaning the map is on your computer in a zipped format in the download folder determined by the folder location in Home's menu option for Tools-->Preferences-->Folder locations.

You can use Home to move to 'Items on My Computer'. Does it show a map and is it the one you want to install? If so, the issue is getting space on your unit. When you say you have an empty tomtom, are you saying it shows no map?

If so, perhaps some of the suggestions found here may help.

If they don't, and you do have the map in the download folder on your computer, try moving (using Explorer) to the computer the Loquendo folder (don't delete it, just move it). If the map installs, then copy back the Loquendo folder. See if that helps.

Do you have a full back up of the One Third Editionfrom prior to it going wrong on either computer? If so I would start by formatting the TomTom, then run the clear flash software tool a couple of times on the TomTom before using Windows Explorer to copy your backup files/ folders back to the device.

If you get the above done can you tell us the software version and map name/ version installed on the device, you can find this information by tapping the sat strength meter lower right corner followed by the version box, the resultant screen will contain lots of information about the device including what I mentioed above.

Then we can work on getting the Eastern Europe map installed, the One Third Edition is a troublesome device when it comes to swapping around maps due to the restricted memory size and no SD card slot preventing expansion. The Eastern Europe map is considerably smaller than the Western Europe map so it will fit but to make space for it you will have to remove the Western Europe map folder to the PC prior to copying the Eastern Europe map. Other folders that could be removed for the trip to make some space are:

"Raster" this contains the images used when fully zoomed out in Browse Map
"zip" this contains the postcode data for UK and Holland (not much use where you are going)
Also take a good look at the contents of the "voices" folder as it will be full of voices you proably never use, if you let us know the names of the voices you do use on the device then we can let you know which files not to delete in this folder, this step alone can save 50MB of space - Mike

Oh boy.... nothing works.... at all!
When I open TomTom I get only a blinking red X.... Cant do anything it.
When I open Home it shows that EU is there. But it will not install. It starts - then it says tehres a problem... and thats it.
ACTUALLY - EVERY TIME I connect TT to Home it starts updating - but cant do that either...
I feel so cheated, TT worked until we needed another map....
Im sorry - I am so stupid, but what is Loquendo????

This is the error message I get every time I try the upload:
---------------------------------------------
ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToDevice/Install/Single/DestinationFileDoesNotExist: Tiedoston luonti ei onnistunut: J:\Eastern_Europe\Eastern_Europe.pna
@ .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp(1212)
in .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp:1212
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:84
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1032
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:81
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Sat, 02 May 2009 11:49:50 GMT
------------------------------------------------------

How strange is that??

You won't have a Loquendo folder on your One Third Edition, this is a folder employed on the higher range Go devices, have a read of the post I made earlier in this thread and see if that can trigger the unit in to life - Mike

Everything was supposed to be secyrely saved.... but when I go and look what there is, I can see a lot of different files for WE but when I click EU - nothing - empty - nada :(
I don't know if this helps at all....
Im not that good with all this, I have ahard time to understand everything - even in Finnish ....

Profiilikansio = C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Omistaja\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\nsucumb6.default
Asennuskansio = C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2
Laajennuskansio = C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul\plugins
Datakansio = C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Omistaja\Omat tiedostot\TomTom\HOME
Versio = 2.6.2.1586
Kieli = fi-FI
K?ytt?j?tunnus = (e-mail address removed)
Sis??nkirjautumistiedot = K?ytt?j? on kirjautunut sis??n
Palvelin = https://home.tomtom.com/redir/
Yhteysasetukset = Suora Internet-yhteys (oletus)
Asennetut lis?palvelut = Kartan tilan ilmaisin 1.6, TomTom HOME default theme 1.0.1, Emulator 8.010.9369.1
Nimi = TomTom ONE 3RD EDITION
Laitekoodi = AKWALDSESJ
Sarjanumero = Y26307D01787
Ominaisuudet =
Tallennuslaitteet = Kiintolevy (J:) - Aktiivinen
Asennetut kohteet =
Virhe tapahtumien tunnuksissa = 10761307, 10761388, 10761393, 10762206, 10762306
* Computer info:

Operating system: Windows XP (build 2600, Service Pack 3)
Free memory: 245129216 bytes
User home directory: "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Omistaja\Omat tiedostot\"
Home volume space: 119297 / 145478 MB
Temporary directory: "C:\DOCUME~1\HP_OMI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\"
Temp volume space: 119297 / 145478 MB
Install directory: "C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xulrunner\"
Install volume space: 119297 / 145478 MB
External volume devices: J: [J:] 966 / 978 MB
OS login name: "USER ID"
Host name: "CAYSA"
Date and time: 2009-05-02 15:04:38

* HOME info:

DLL Version: 2.6.2.1586
MapShare DLL Version: 2.6.2.1586
Language: fi-FI

* Connected device: ""

ID: "AKWAL DSESJ"
Type: "casablanca1024_gl"
Serial: "Y26307D01787"
IL #1: 'Kiintolevy' 966 free/978 total MB Block Size 4096 Media Name 'InternalMemory' serial $28442790, Writable

OK..... Too late.......
Hubby just called... he bought TT 370 :eek::eek::eek:
Now who wants to buy a TT One ???? :p :D

Please make a full copy of the new device to your PC BEFORE you do anything at all with the device, also make sure you use a unique e-mail address for the new unit DO NOT re-use the e-mail account associated with the One Third Edition - Mike

Ooops, must have been 730..... :eek:
Anyway, it has both WE and EU alreaday installed!

And yes, Mike, we will copy it first thing! Also everything will be stored on hubby's puter and using his email addy.

Thank you all for trying to help!

Still anyone wanting the TT One??? You can have it for FREE :cool:

:D

If you want to send it over to the UK I could probably fix it rather quickly and send it you back, you would have to send a CD with the map folders on as they are locked to the device, but this might get you a second working device - Mike

Ask a Question