TT Home upgrade

I up graded my TT Home 2.1 to 2.2 amd now when I launch TT Home I get an error box;
"The procedure entry point freeaddrinfo coiuld not be located in the dynamic lionk library WS2_32.dll"
I have to click OK 2x and this gos away.
TT Support tells me this is a issue with Microsoft. Any body have any ideas. I'm running W2K. I didn't have this issue with previous version.

I up graded my TT Home 2.1 to 2.2 amd now when I launch TT Home I get an error box;
"The procedure entry point freeaddrinfo coiuld not be located in the dynamic lionk library WS2_32.dll"
I have to click OK 2x and this gos away.
TT Support tells me this is a issue with Microsoft. Any body have any ideas. I'm running W2K. I didn't have this issue with previous version.

An absolutely HIGHLY technical solution from Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822334

Other thought: 1) scan for spyware. Maybe, just maybe ...

Home dll problems

I too installed the latest version of HOME from the TomTom website on Win2k. I'm having the same problems with WS2_32.dll. I copied an updated version of WS2_32.dll from the web, put it in the TomTom home folder, then when I run the program it faults at WS2HELP.dll. Updating that then results in an error at KERNEL32.dll. Updating that gives an error at NTDLL.dll. I'm not sure what to do next. It seems like a never ending cycle.

Any wisdom?

I too installed the latest version of HOME from the TomTom website on Win2k. I'm having the same problems with WS2_32.dll. I copied an updated version of WS2_32.dll from the web, put it in the TomTom home folder, then when I run the program it faults at WS2HELP.dll. Updating that then results in an error at KERNEL32.dll. Updating that gives an error at NTDLL.dll. I'm not sure what to do next. It seems like a never ending cycle.

Any wisdom?

Update the O/S? :confused: :(

:eek: Upgrade to VISTA? Forget that.

I found a work-a-round for my problem. I took the old HOMERunner.exe file dated 10/31/07 from TT Home v2.1 and used it with TT Home V2.2. I don't get that error message any longer and the app seems to work.

:eek: Upgrade to VISTA? Forget that.

I found a work-a-round for my problem. I took the old HOMERunner.exe file dated 10/31/07 from TT Home v2.1 and used it with TT Home V2.2. I don't get that error message any longer and the app seems to work.

Glad it's ok.

But does it report that you are running .58? Or the previous version?

It shows that I'm running TT Home 2.2.1.58 which I belive is the latest. The main executable for TT Home is "TomTomHOME.exe". I not realy sure what the application file "HOMERunner.exe" does. I noticed it is is also listed to launch at startup in the Reg startup group. When I do a Google search on it, all of these Spyware/Malware sites come up as investigating.

I just downloaded the apparent latest HOME and my version shows 2.2.0.33. I like the suggestion to copy the exe from the previous version, but since I'm a new user, the only one I have is the latest one that is causing the errors.

Any other suggestions?

Just downloaded 2.2.2.83 and the dll errors have finally gone away.

I still can't get a backup of the device to run successfully though.

I still can't get a backup of the device to run successfully though.
What happens when you try to make a backup?

For the heck of it, check to make sure the location in TTHome for the backup in TTHome actually exists on your computer.

This is how I fixed mine

RE: I still can't get a backup of the device to run successfully though.

===========================================
[Could not read/write: UserPatch.dat] I installed a new voice, quit TT Home, opened it again, then removed same voice. [UserPatch.dat was gone]
Backup was successful after that.

Ask a Question