TT home problem

When I plug my start 25 into my computer I can download updates ok, but the page I get is the website! When I try and log into home I log in ok but then it switches to the web site? I have an earlyer model tomtom and can work that from the computer screen using home, but not able to do that with my start 25, have opened a new account but to know avail? TomTom software seems a mess. Jim.

The Start 25 uses MyTomTom, not Home 2. Get it at tomtom.com/getstarted.

The user has no access to the file system with the Start 25. Nor can the user run an emulator as one could with a Nav 2 device.

The Start 25 uses MyTomTom, not Home 2. Get it at tomtom.com/getstarted.

The user has no access to the file system with the Start 25. Nor can the user run an emulator as one could with a Nav 2 device.

OK, I have managed to sort a route using Michlin which give me the option of saving it to my TomTom, how do I do that? please

Also I have downloaded the route to my computer system as: .ov2 How do I load this on my start 25?

Thanks. Jim.

If you mean an itinerary with 48 waypoints as with older models, you can't create one on the new Nav3 devices. The best you can do is have 3 or 4 waypoints (depending upon the model) and even then the route can't be saved.

Files with an extension of ov2 are for custom poi categories, not routes. You CAN add custom poi files to a Nav3 device using the Add Community Content link on the desktop MyTomTom icon when the Start 25 is connected to the computer.

As dhn says, you cannot transfer ROUTES to these new models, but an .ov2 file is a set of DESTINATIONS which you can ask the TomTom to produce a route to, no problem.

Again as dhn says, you use MyTomTom to add the .ov2 files.
There's a full write up in our "Articles" section called
How to add POIs, voices etc to the new TomTom models

Ask a Question