Tomtom Home connection problem

TomTom Model(s)
Start 60
I'm baffled and needing some help. I connected my Start 60 to the PC (Win 7 64 bit) and it immediately downloaded and installed the latest version of TT Home (2.9.8.3568) but whatever I do it shows "No device connected". I've done the obvious, restarted the PC, read the FAQs, checked that Tomtom is in Network Adapters in Device Manager with latest driver. On the device, I've changed cables, checked it's fully charged and even done the drum roll reset.
I've got a TV symbol on the Start60 just above the speed on the lower bar but the only message referred me to tomtom.com/getstarted.
I'd be grateful for any advice on how to get any further please.
David

Further to the above, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the brain the good Lord claimed that he endowed me with and started to use MyDrive Connect and guess what? My only excuse is that I do have 2 devices (gave the XL Routes to the wife) and so I do need both programs. I'll go and stand in the corner.

Glad things have worked out for you and no need to stand in any corner. TomTom is not the most 'user friendly' at times.

One of the best things about this forum is that even if you make a sure-fire bid for the Plonker of the Week award, it is met with tolerance and even understanding. Thanks.

That's because whatever bone headed thing you may have done, we were there long before you, making even more bone headed mistakes. At any time you might be looking for a sympathetic audience, you can bet you'll find us here.

MyDrive will take a bit of time to sort as the interface is VERY different from that of Home. If you run into 'how to questions', fire away. One MAJOR difference is that your map(s) are held 'on account' now on the TomTom server, so unlike Nav2 units (such as your XL), disaster recovery doesn't depend upon having backups -- which you can't make for your new Start 60 anyway.

Further to the above, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the brain the good Lord claimed that he endowed me with and started to use MyDrive Connect and guess what? My only excuse is that I do have 2 devices (gave the XL Routes to the wife) and so I do need both programs. I'll go and stand in the corner.
You must be commended for speaking out, owning up to your mistake.
That will encourage others to come clean if they make mistakes in their description of problems experienced.

What canderson said goes doubly for me and I am still working on new ones.

Ask a Question