Problems with tom Tom Home

TomTom Model(s)
urban rider
Hi, I am entirely new to Tom Tom and sat navs generally. i wanted to set up a route on Tom Tom home and download to my Urban Rider device. I can plan a route on Home but not change it to make it go the way I want (no motorways, travel to specific places on the way etc) Does anyone know how to do this using Home? I can probably do it on the device itself but today it means standing outside in the freezing cold whilst I operate the device! (no signal inside apparently)
thanks

What, you mean I have to download additional software to make my Tom Tom work properly? This sounds like a whole lot of bother for a costly device! Doesn't Home let me do this? I thought it did.

Yes, you do! :lol:

AFAIK, there's nothing in Home itself that can plan route, but you can:

1. Use it as a "front-end" to work the TomTom without tapping the screen, or

2. Use it to launch an external website from TomTom TomTom called TomTom Route Planner (so you're already using external software really)

But it's pretty basic stuff... as you say, you can't add any "via" points or adjust the route to your liking.

That's why we recommend "Tyre". It's far more flexible than TomTom's offering.

It's great for the older TomToms, but unfortunately it creates routes using the "Itinerary Planning" feature and that whole functionality has been left off the new TT models like the Go1000/1005 and the 'VIA' range.

Ask a Question