TT Home 2.4.09+ operate tt no longer works

TomTom Model(s)
TT One XL-S & TT XXL540TM
Since the last upgrade to 2.4+ my OneXL-s shows it no longer has a map so I can't operate it with the Home computer emulator, everything else works so its not a deal breaker, however it would be convenient, any ideas what I should do?

Hello,

I just bought my first TT one xls and I had to call support about the TTS voice not showing up. It had 725 map and the app was 8.010.

We got the TTS working, but at app v7.167and the map @ 725.1913.

The support tech said that 8.010 has a bug and WILL NOT do any TTS computer voices.

We uninstalled the HOME from the device and d/l'd the first update. DO NOT update the app a second time. Install your favorite TTS computer voice. It should work. When you update to 8.010, your TTS will not be in the list to select. It will be on the device, but not an option to choose from.

Now, the question is, when will TT fix this bug because now the device has over 16,000 corrections and only a few POIs show up???? It stutters sometimes but not all the time.

I also have a boatload of POIs in it and still 22.9 mb free. At least that is what it says.

Thanks

shawnpie:rolleyes:

This is the first I've heard of computer voices not working on a One XLS with firmware 8.010.

That same firmware allows for computer voices on x20 and x30 units.

it could be that HOME 2.4 has a bug, by itself, or both can be flawed since that it won't update the device to tell it that there is a computer voice available.

I would like to know what version of HOME that TT used to install the TTS computer voice to that I can get this unit to the "not-so original" way that it was purchased. At least I can get all my POIs to display.

Confirmed.......bug in HOME 2.4

I just tried this. I installed HOME v2.3.1.92 on my puter. Just for grins I updated to 8.010. I still have my computer voice (Susan).

There is a post on where to find previous versions. Search for this and install. You may want to uninstall the 2.4 version and install 2.3.1.92.

thanks

shawnpie:D

Ask a Question