TT GO 720 | Managing Favorites

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720

New TomTom user since Christmas!

I have a Mio C220 also in one of the cars and that is a neat unit. I then went for the Nokia at a deal of $99! Didnt work for me. Too klutzy, very limited POIs. Sent it back. Instead paid a little more and got this GO 720. Does a better job than the Nokia, any day.

In the MioC220, I can organize favorites / my own POIs under specific categories. Eg:
My Poi/Favorites:
> Friends
> Stores
> Schools
> Doctors etc..

I dont seem to be able to do that in the GO720. I manually add my favorite POIs as well as send from Google Maps. But all such favorites are just listed as they are added - no way to categorize them.

Anyone know how I can do this? It is so much quicker and simpler to get to a favorite and then have the GO720 navigate to it.

:cool:

Thanks to numerous other threads on related topics, I was able to work it out. Instead of categorizing Favorites, I looked at creating my own category under POIs.

If it's any help the process is easy:

• Create New Category:
  • Touch the screen and go to the Main Menu.
  • Choose |Change Preferences|
  • Under Preferences click the blue |>| button and go the the next page
  • Choose | Manage POIs |
  • Choose | Add POI Category |
  • Name your Category - DO NOT Name it same as any of the default TomTom categories
  • Choose a |Marker| of your choice
  • Choose |Done|
  • Add a POI to the New Category:
  • Touch the screen and go to the Main Menu.
  • Choose |Change Preferences|
  • Under Preferences click the blue |>| button and go the the next page
  • Choose | Manage POIs |
  • Choose | Add POI |
  • Choose the New category you just created
  • Add POI using the options of address, recent destination etc
Once you have entered the POI, the final step will allow you to name the POI per your choice. So if the POI you just added is a bar called Drinking Hole, you can name it that.
If you dont choose a name, as default TomTom will show the POI as the address you entered.

Hope this helps.

Ask a Question