TT GO 720 - enlarge street names size

Hello

I just purchased the TT GO 720. I noted that the street names size (font) at the navigation maps are very small, and only a few street names (about 5 to 6) appears near the car icon.

I would like to know if there is a "tweak" to enlarge a bit the size of the font, so the streets be more readable, and to get to see more names of streets around my position.

Thanks

Valter-Brazil

font size

what map version and application do you have With some past application 8.xxx their was a font size problem with the next turn. The was corrected with the present application.. I am not positive but I do not know anyway of increasing the font size of the street names on the map itself but I might be wrong. Maybe other forum people can help . good luck

Turn on auto zoom in preferences. It'll zoom in really close when you need to make a turn, increasing fonts (I think), but definitely showing more street names.

Hello
Thanks for your reply
Turning the zoom "on" will show only the streets very near. When I navigate using the GPS navigational screen, I would like to see the name of all the streets around my actual position, just to see where is my target point, that could be 2 or 3 blocks away. With the zoom on, I can't see so far.
An option to "populate" the navigational screen with more street names will be welcome. If the screen become cluttered, an user could deselect this option.
In the mean time, is it possible to "tweak" an internal config file?

Thanks

Valter

Sorry, but the number of roads viewable is a function of the mapping data and, as such, is not configurable.

Sorry, but the number of roads viewable is a function of the mapping data and, as such, is not configurable

OK, but I didn't understand well.

I know that the viewable number of roads and streets is, in fact, a funtion of the mapping and the zoom factor, but this applies also to the streets names thats appears at the navigational screen?

I understand that one of the main purposes of a GPS is to inform the user their position in relation to a certain point, showing all the information around of this point.

Once automotive GPS should show the streets that exist around of the current position of the vehicle, I believe that all these streets must to be identified in the screen.

TomTom 720 is an excellent device, with options that it is not found in any other mark. But it is very strange to be driving and look for GPS and not get to identify the streets around, because GPS doesn't show their names or, when it shows, it is insufficient.

I would like to put the suggestion for TomTom to allowing the user to choose the amount of street names, may be in percentages, that will be presented in the navigation screen.

Thanks

Valter

Ask a Question