TT 930 Resetting on it's own.

Has anyone had problems with their TT930 just shutting off while on route somewhere and then cutting back on by itself? I took one unit back because of this and got another one and it is doing the same thing. I am guessing it was a software install problem. It did this with the 8.010 version out of the box and when I installed the 8.3 version (which has a ton of issues in and of itself). If anyone is running into this problem and was able to fix the issue can you let me know? Thanks.

Are you sure it is actually shutting down all the way?

This behavior is similar to having the "battery savings" setting to turn screen of (or dim - depending on the application version) after instructions checked. I have mine set that way for when I use it only with the battery, and it is constantly going through this cycle when traveling.

If it is set that way (possibly by default?), un-check it. There is another setting to turn it off when no power, and this could do it also if your USB car adapter has a loose connection.

Response

Hey thanks for the response. I did set the battery settings to not turn off so I don't think that is the problem. However; the cigarrette lighter I use sometimes does disconnect from the tomtom power cord from time to time so maybe that is the issue. I am going to double check it to make sure. Thanks again!

Ask a Question