Tt 720

TomTom Model(s)
720 Go
Can anyone tell me how to add more start up screens? I really need to know exactly how step by step to do it.After the last application update on my 720 everything started screwing up.I fixed all of them but the shutdown and start up screens.Can we have more than one screen.When I download more screens from TT home it don't work,HELP,Jim:confused:

With a 720, the startup/shutdown screens need to be in a wide format. The spashw.bmp (notice the 'w'?) goes in the root of the unit. The shutdown screen should be renamed 'antitheftw.bmp' and also placed in the root. FURTHER, in Preferences-->Safety-->check the 'warn when leaving unit'. That activates the shutdown screen.

Yes, you can have other screens stored in the images folder. And you can select a different startup image by going to Preferences-->Startup preferences. The second screen asks if you want to change the start up image and allows you to select any other one stored in your image folder. BUT........... a problem with that method is that the TT software just overwrites your original startup with the newly selected one. A better way is to use Explorer, rename the original to splashw.bmp.bak, move to the image folder, copy the image you want to the root and rename it as splashw.bmp.

Ask a Question