truck driver

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom 930
How do I set my TomTom 930 to parmanently avoid residential streets when navigating to a new address? I only go to supermarkets that are located in main arteries, but my device takes me through residential areas forbidden to large trucks

I am not sure if that is an option to exclude residential streets. Maybe someone has an idea of a work around.

Not sure but, after route is determined, if the selection goes: Select Alternative-->Avoid Road and then pinpoint the road(s) to avoid??

You could try this. Where I live in NZ most of the main roads have 100km/hr speeds but some are narrow, twisty and slow, but because they may be shorter TT uses them to calculate the fastest route, - shorter road @ 100kph is quicker than longer road @ 100kph. TT doesn't know that you can only drive at say 50kph. So for one road that TT always wanted me to take (but I never did) I changed the speed of the road to 50kph using Map Corrections Menu. TT now thinks thats not the fastest route so sends me the way I really want to go.

So, if you made some roads that TT wants you to take have speed limit of 5mph that may help.

Last edited:

Ask a Question