tomtom for truck drivers

Hello,
Is there a posibility to use my TomTom OneXL as truck drivers map?
I am truck driver and I want my tom tom to take into account truck traffic signs!
Many thanks!

TomTom really doesn't make a unit that considers the limitations of a truck driver very well. You can use your unit to avoid certain roads once a route is planned but that is about all.

Garmin makes a unit specifically for truckers.

See more information here

and here

Well, they actually do with what is referred to as TomTom Work.

But, you'll have to wait for SuperMod, mikealder, to see this thread and add more information since he's UK based and is much more knowlegeable in this area.

If he doesn't reply in the next 24 hours or so, send him a pm.

You can read about TomTom Work on This Page but it won't work with an XL based device, not too sure about prices but a couple of truckers I know in the UK have said its far from cheap - Mike

tom tom Truck

Great news guys

TomTom have launched a truck version of the system, I am in the UK and if you want a system that takes your vehicles height, length, axle weights, and truck speeds into consideration then contact me. It is a fantastic system. (e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question