Truck Broken into...Word to the wise..

TomTom Model(s)
Go720 (3rd unit...2 stolen)
I guess it was bound to happen...every now and then I seem to need an expensive lesson. Well I got one this am, see glass on the driveway...weather was fairly warm last night - around freezing. I had left my 720 in the truck...Gone. :eek: :mad: :eek: ( can I spell 'tupid.?) just plain lazy I was.!

That'll be the first and last time for that kind of foolishness.!!

Strangley enough, they leave my palm E2 (runs my chip), leave sat radio...but take the centre console cup holder tray..?? wtf.?? I think I was more pissed at that than anything (weird), but I had no where to put my Tim Hortons Dbl Dbl coffe this morning...damnit!!:mad:

Anyway 1/2 day shot getting new window, gps..Put the centre console unit on order @ the Stealer- no wreckers had any of course. So now I have a Go920. Nice and significantly cheaper than the price I paid for the 720 by far. Not looking for sympathy..I know where in the dictionary that can be found, right between....! But more of a word to the wise I guess.

Question. Asides from what is in the preferences, is there any way to tweak the brightness on the screen through the software.? Seems my daytime brightness was a tad dull and it was at 100%.

stk

Last edited:
Sorry for the aggrevation......

Do you think selecting a different day colour for the map may help the appearance? There is no way to adjust the brightness more than 100%.

The 720 and 920 are pretty much identical as to the basic hardware (excluding memory capacity), so the screen brightness should be the same (as in not very good).

If you have a backup of your 720, see if you had possibly installed a color scheme that maybe is not on your 920. You could then move it over.

The one I use is france_palette_de_couleur, as it maximizes the contrast in high glare (California sun) situations. I also tweaked it a bit with the freeware program "Color Scheme Editor'.

Sorry about your experience, but have to LOL with respect to the "warm weather" up there - it would get native Californians bundled up like polar explorers down here (they wear winter coats, gloves, and scarfs when it is in the 50's F )

PS - don't forget to use your 30 day map upgrade (if you got it new or refurbished from an authorized retailer). You will probably have to go through support to get it done. Call - don't email (WOT), plus if you get a sympathetic rep and tell your story - they might upgrade both set of maps.

Ask a Question