Tripmaster V1.6 b3

Thanks for the updates runarg.

Perhaps we need a general Tripmaster update thread since I imagine there will be more updates in the future. You can edit the titles of your previous threads by clicking "go advanced" while in the edit mode. This will still maintain visibility.

Last edited:
Has anyone had issues installing on a TT1?

I was wondering if anyone had any problems installing this Beta version on a TT1? I havn't tried it yet (I went with the previouse version). Installing a Beta version on anything I just spent $500 causes one to wonder... :rolleyes:

Thanks!

It's easy to uninstall if it causes problems. It won't cause flames to shoot out of the unit if that's what you are wondering :). Of course, make sure your recent backup set is valid and up to date.

I wasn't worried about flames, as much as being out on a vacation without my computer, to restore from the backup. But... I did install it, and it works great (almost). I did turn off my TT1 without stopping Tripmaster first (accidently), and it froze up the TT1. The only thing I could do was turn it off. I did a hard reset, and it has worked fine again. I have to say - it is really cool, and I have been having a lot of fun with it. Thanks for the advice, and reminder to back up first. It is very reassuring to know I can alway restore the thing if anything goes wrong.

I did have a problem with my unit after I installed TripMaster 1.6b2 --> My light sensor no longer worked. Although I haven't tried isolating specifically to this program, just something for others to be on the lookout for. After I uninstalled it, the light sensor started working again (dimmed the display, switched to night mode, etc).

I did have a problem with my unit after I installed TripMaster 1.6b2 --> My light sensor no longer worked. Although I haven't tried isolating specifically to this program, just something for others to be on the lookout for. After I uninstalled it, the light sensor started working again (dimmed the display, switched to night mode, etc).

This is not related to Tripmaster, but related to a known bug in v6.52 with the light sensor. In some undefined circumstances, it doesn't work and if you reboot your Tomtom, it works again for a while.

To uninstall Tripmaster, you've rebooted, that is enough to have the light sensor working again. Just wait for a certain period of time without Tripmaster and you should experience a non-working light sensor.

Then, suntime is your friend, until Tomtom fixes this issue... ;-)

Ask a Question