Traffic

Hello All;

I am sorry if this has been posted, however I'm new - so go easy :)

Here is the deal - I keep seeing where the TomTom 910 supports traffic info - what I can't find - for the love of me - is if its for the US also? Then they have this new RDS or whatever device coming out that will allow the traffic information into the TomTom without the data connection, but again, no info on USA.

Third - obviously the blackberry 8100 doesn't work for data on the TomTom - they absolutly dropped the bomb on that one - but for you guys that need to update your tomtom - connect it to tomtom home, then you can display your map on your computer screen - click on the traffic button and it will use your internet access from the computer to update the current traffic info -

Of course, mine said I have not paid for it - and I can't find how to activate a free trial...

So if anybody can kind of answer the above questions - I would be nice -

Also, I'm going to Europe (sweden) in June - I purchased this thing for that trip - anybody tried the maps over there to see how they are? They claim (TomTom's website) that 99% are on there.. who knows since half their info sucks and you can't understand what their product does...

But I do like the Mr. T voice!!!

Well that answers 2 things - one, the traffic isn't worth my time (since its not supported) and 2, don't need to worry about the blackberry issue -

Of course if they would just update their bluetooth profile, it would work. its considered an audio device - so it won't support data.

It's not supported but people have been reporting using it. Sorry! (Read my post on battom offline - I'm slightly drugged up right now)

I think what our loopy friend means to say is traffic WORKS in the US, as long as you have a PLUS account. It's free through June, I believe. That being said, it's not good at all. So don't rely on the data it gives you.

Battom meant the RDS traffic receiver hasn't been released in the US yet. :)

Yeah ...what fanchee said. Sorry!!! Maybe I came back to the forums to soon. The room is spinning on me again a bit so i think i won't last much longer tonight! Trying to get caught up on missing 3 days... LOTS of posts to go thru.

Hello and welcome. connect your 910 to HOME and turn on virtual TomTom. go to the through your preference page and look for the option to edit your TomTom Plus account. Once you found it, enter your email address(the one you log into tomtom.com) and password.
This will activate your TomTom Plus. If it doesn't work, call or write an email to TT Support and they will activate your Plus account using the email address and pw you gave tomtom's website.
Finally, using virtual tomtom, the Traffic button is now highlighted and you can get traffic reports only when a route is planned.

Traffic receiver ???

Any updates on this. Was hoping after seeing they were recalling/exchanging units in Europe that TT might finally have gotten their act together on this. Even though I can get the Plus service trial renewed, one of the reasons I bought a 910 last year at this time was to get a service with the receiver - hopefully like the service I used on a rental car the previous year over there.

It did an excellent job with the traffic, and even graphically showed the extent of the backup (not unlike what you may be seeing on TV news). Was able to work around a major backup when I was able to see where it started and more importantly - where it ended.

The Plus Service offering does not come even close to this - "free" or not.

Ask a Question