Traffic Setup Issue with 720

I have a 720 and just got it to connect with my blackberry 8830 - great!

Then, I try to set up Traffic and Plus. I go to the traffic and it lists a bb 8100, but not the 8830, so I choose the 8100 - ok
Then it asks what service. I have Sprit, and it's not on the list, so I hit "Other", and it asks me for a userid and login, which I don't have.
So, I exit and go to the Plus service.
Do the same thing, but this time, I choose CellularOne as the service, and it hooks up, works great.
Then, I go back to Traffic thinking that it set up one data connection, it should have set them both up. Not happening. I'm still beng asked for userid and password. I cannot get out of this path. I put in junk for userid and password and it eventually gives me a error, so I hit Cancel and it takes me back to the screen that has the Trafic icon. I tap the icon and it takes me back to the userid/password screens.
I reset the device, same thing
I remove the phone, then set it back up, same thing
I shut off the data service, when I tap Traffic it says "no data service", so I put data service back and ---- same thing.

Does anyone know how to get out of the loop which is asking for a password and userID?

By the way, I would cal support, but they go off the air at 7:00 Eastern Time. If you can get them, they are pretty good, but that really sucks to shut off at 7:00 Eastern.

Thanks

I have a 720 and just got it to connect with my blackberry 8830 - great!

Then it asks what service. I have Sprit, and it's not on the list, so I hit "Other", and it asks me for a userid and login, which I don't have.
So, I exit and go to the Plus service.
Do the same thing, but this time, I choose CellularOne as the service, and it hooks up, works great.
Then, I go back to Traffic thinking that it set up one data connection, it should have set them both up. Not happening. I'm still beng asked for userid and password.

I don't know how much help you'll get from Tomtom regarding this, as last I checked they do not support Sprint at all for their Plus services. However you can try this to see if it'll let you connect.

Go to Plus setup and select your unit and your country. For service, select "Other" and say "Yes" to set up your wireless data connection manually.

Leave Access Point Name blank

For your username, use your SprintPCS address (ie, (e-mail address removed))

For your password, use your SprintPCS password - this is NOT your account password

For IP Address, set to Auto Assigned (DHCP)

For DNS Address, set to Automatically Assigned

Leave the login script blank.

For Phone Number to dial, use #777

I haven't tried these settings myself - I don't have a sprint plan that lets me use the phone as a tether and this apparently is needed - also, don't really have much use for the Tomtom plus service, but apparently these settings should let it talk through the sprint network - hopefully, anyways.

Carterway!

Thanks for the quick post. I don't know my Sprint PCS userid and password, and I can get the connection hooked up by just choosing CellularOne. The real problem is how to get out of the loop of asking for userid and password.
My next alternative is to reset to factory settings, but I don't know what I will lose if I do that option.
Thanks

Ask a Question