Traffic lead

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom start 60
Are these Tom Tom traffic leads any good ? I have read reports that sometimes they are 2 hours behind so the traffic could already be cleared.

The HD Traffic live service works very well but the power leads for the RDS-TMC service served via FM radio will be far less timely and I find not useful because they suggest diversions not to clear roads but to minor roads for which the device has no knowledge of congestion,

The HD Traffic live service works very well but the power leads for the RDS-TMC service served via FM radio will be far less timely and I find not useful because they suggest diversions not to clear roads but to minor roads for which the device has no knowledge of congestion,

So could you advise me on which lead to buy ? Thanks

Also, there are entire areas that are not covered by RDS. For the most part, only major cities are covered, and then only the major roads in those cities.
The good news is that Wilmslow is near Manchester, and that city is covered by RDS. Not as timely as "Live", agreed, but at least it provides some measure of information. We all did at least marginally better in good RDS coverage areas before Live was available. And yes, tgold, you have the right part there.

You can't. HD traffic (now known as TomTom Traffic) is on LIVE devices with an imbedded sim card. For non-LIVE devices, using a combo rds-tmc antenna/car charger as being discussed in this thread is the next best thing (i.e, better than nothing). I used such a charger on a non-LIVE device during a trip to Italy a few years ago and it did indeed show traffic info on main highways.

Ask a Question